cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Android hdmi problem

We installed now tv on my sons Xbox and it runs no problem. As it allows 4 users I installed it from google play onto my android Q box. At first it worked okay, but now it says hdmi not supported. Any ideas ?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User it is not supposed to work on Android devices such as the Q box. Only on phone/tablet. If the Q box has a Chromecast function, you may be able to use that to get it to work. However, if you keep a look out you can effectively get a free box and reduce price passes which save you money
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4146678
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User it is not supposed to work on Android devices such as the Q box. Only on phone/tablet. If the Q box has a Chromecast function, you may be able to use that to get it to work. However, if you keep a look out you can effectively get a free box and reduce price passes which save you money
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/4146678
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately, there is no indication of that in the Now blurb, and they have made the app available in Google Play.

With no indication of HDMI incompatibility, it should be safe to assume it is compatible. After all their sky boxes are all hdmi, and now a lot of TVs ship without scart sockets.

The company is certainly technically capable putting in the small bit of software required to output hdmi.

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 🙂

If you read the "set top boxes" part of this page:

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Supported-devices

It doesn't mention anything about these kinds of boxes.

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

As far as I'm aware, NOW TV have never permitted an Android device fitted with an HDMI (capable) output display their copyright protected media.

Over the years, I've tried a Hudl 2 (micro-HDMI). And various mobile phones (with OTG support). All displayed the NOW TV GUI but not the copyright protected media....

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It does say "You can watch NOW TV on most Android devices, just as long as they were bought in the UK and are in their original state."

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

It does say "You can watch NOW TV on most Android devices, just as long as they were bought in the UK and are in their original state."

Indeed, you should be able to access and view NOW TV content on the 'actual' Android device, with built-in display (such as a phone or tablet)... You just can't pass the audio/video stream via HDMI to another display device...

Edit: I'm suprised it worked at all on an Android Q box, or any similar type of device Smiley Surprised

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why would you be surprised that an android app works on android. Today I opened a new account because my device that I've had registered as a device for a year was being recognised as a new device and I couldn't add it, this happens all the time. I purchased 2 passes to watch the smae match, I go to register the new android box I was planning to use and I get this bloody error. Netflix & Amazon Prime both work on the android box, Netflix doesn't think my registered devices are new devices all the time, why can't NowTV sort this shambles out!

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Why would you be surprised that an android app works on android. 

Because all those little Android boxes are not 'officially' supported by NOW TV @Anonymous User,

Perhaps the following 'Help Centre' article may be of use to you: What devices can I use to watch NOW TV?

However, if the afore mentioned 'Help Centre' article does not satisfy all your requirements I suggest you contact a NOW TV representative.

You can contact a NOW TV representative via the forums 'Live Chat' facility or 'Send us a message' facility by using a Windows or Mac computer, not a mobile device, as their web browsers might not be sophisticated enough to display 'pop-up' windows (ie: windows within windows). Also, Mac or IOS device users will require JavaScript support enabled in their Safari internet browsers. Here's what you need to do: -

• Click on the following: How To Contact NOW TV link.
  • To 'Send us a message', click on the light blue 'Send Message' button.
  • To start a 'Live Chat', click on the dark blue 'Chat online' button.
  • A new 'What can we help you with today?' pop-up window should open up.
  • Click on the 'Request Chat' button.

Cheers