cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Android TV / Nexus Player

Hi,

Are there plans to develop the UI for Android TV? I know I can Cast from the Android app on my phone, but this is awkward. 

Given various issues with the service (such as the adaptive bit rate / low quality problem which has been mentioned hundreds of times on the forums and the unfathomable restriction on adding new devices(?!?)), I am reluctant to use it for much longer. Making the app avaliable on Android TV would go some way in keeping me. 

Many thanking yous, 

James

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable

If now TV can add leanback support and live channels support into the existing android app then it would be a win for everybody. Live channels on android TV has the potential to be a game changer but we need companies like sky/now TV to support it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You've got the app on Apple TV... What's the hold up?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:
You've got the app on Apple TV... What's the hold up?

Same hold up as google CHROME web browser for Android TV when did that release...

O wait it has not because no body likes googlesandroid TVs rules even Googles own browser developer team...

Has not done it...

Now TV did not build the APPLE TV app it was built by a third party app running service company that builds and runs many other HTML5/java app services... You can look it up if you realy care... on your "android tv chrome" web browser...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cool story bro. What's Chrome got to do with anything? I use my TV for - err - TV. What a strange idea!

Thanks for your reply though, it was really insightful...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Cool story bro. What's Chrome got to do with anything? I use my TV for - err - TV. What a strange idea!

Thanks for your reply though, it was really insightful...

Who OWNS chrome.... Who would want to get all the advert usage from android TV and sell advert space on chrome for android tv ?...

Who Released the Android TV platform ? who spendin a lot of $$$ on reGUIing the PC chrome browser?

The same company won't release chrome to android TV because they have to ruin it with there android TV interface rules..     

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Opera on the other hand had to rebuild the GUI from the Sony HDTV browser to support android TV...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opera.tv.browser.sony.dia&hl=en