cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Android TV / Nexus Player

Hi,

Are there plans to develop the UI for Android TV? I know I can Cast from the Android app on my phone, but this is awkward. 

Given various issues with the service (such as the adaptive bit rate / low quality problem which has been mentioned hundreds of times on the forums and the unfathomable restriction on adding new devices(?!?)), I am reluctant to use it for much longer. Making the app avaliable on Android TV would go some way in keeping me. 

Many thanking yous, 

James

35 REPLIES 35
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

any news on when/if there will be a NOW TV app available for 'Android TV' ?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, there's no update yet. We will let customers know if there any new devices available, keep an eye out 😉

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, is there any update on AndroidTV support.

This is a great platform to develop on and believe all broadcasters here in the uk are missing out on a great device. Surely it would just be an update to the existing app

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch.

As @Anonymous User said before, there are no updates as of yet. We will be letting customers know if any new devices become available.

Keep an eye out 🙂

Thanks

Rob

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How about just making the app more accessible to non-touch users at least?

After all, Google's design spec does say:

Develop a single underlying system that allows for a unified experience across platforms and device sizes. Mobile precepts are fundamental, but touch, voice, mouse, and keyboard are all first-class input methods.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The beautiful thing is that if Now TV made their app properly compatible with Android TV, we could theoretically access direct streams of the channels in the 'streaming channels' menu. That'd be a first for the service. If you don't know what I mean, try adding Pluto TV to your apps and see how beautifully it integrates. The channels even get numbers. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yup! And search, and recommendations!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Would be handy for this app to be developed for android tv, I have installed the apk to my Sony android tv although it works it displays on its side and is impossible to use. I would prefer the app on the tv rather than using the box
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hoping to see an android tv app,

I've been looking for a while to find a one device solution for all my services, and i think if now tv was avaliable on the nvidia shields android tv then that would be a 1 box solution. kodi plex netflix iplayer nowtv and all my home media / cloud storage and pvr  on just 1 device. 

An android tv app seems like Heaven

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeh.. Getting irritated with four different devices now!