Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: username and password for vdsl settings third party router

@totalwise 

If you continue with the NowTV Broadband, they will send you a router preconfigured for use with their service.

I have not seen any spam about the NowTV streaming services.

When I was with Sky for broadband, I feared they would spam me with offers for the satellite service. But they didn't, not once.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @totalwise 

Under My Account > Personal Details section whilst logged in on here there is an option on the screen page to opt out of NowTV sales & marketing emails by unticking the option box, but you will also lose the option of receiving special discounted offers that would be account specific to you.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Observer

Just tried this method and selected same sky provider in drop down list on my Tp-link Archer VR900. The generated ppp u/n and p/w worked perfectly for NowTV broadband. Thank you! 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I found this really helpful, and just to add a little more detail here are the settings I used with my Archer VR400 v2 on NowTV.
I used WireShark on LAN port 1 and found the username to be like this:-

8e1332df1212@nowtv|trDFeWsC

So the start is the MAC address printed under the router. Wen I logged in the last digit of my address under LAN MAC address was a digit out.

The password is different from any I got from any calculators!

Settings:-

ISP List: SkyBroadband(BSkyB)ADSL

VPI:0
VCI:38

Internet Connection:PPPoA

Username: macadress@nowtv

Password:As sniffed

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I have my username and password. I am having some difficulty working out what mac address to use for my own router. My logon is *******40@nowtv the mac address on the bottom of the box ends *****40 but on the NOWTV portal it says the LAN MAC IS ********41 and the broadband address is *********42.

So do I use 40 or 41 to set the MAC address of my own router.

I cannot get it to connect. When I go to diagnostics I see "Showtime" 20 up and 80 down, but when I look at the WAN settings it errors saying incorrect username and password. I have used wireshark and I am 100% sure I have the correct username and password.

My other settings are

VPI 0

VCi 38

VC Mux

PPoE

Ip assignment: Dynamic

PPP Auth (PAP or CHAP)

Wan Connection mode: PPP detect

MTU 1500

Multi-PVC Channel: Channel 1

Any other suggestions would be gratefully received, I am desperate to get my router working as I am trying to do VOIP and the NOW router is modulating the voice traffic.

0 Thanks