cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

username and password for vdsl settings third party router

just connected my tp-link ac1200 router.

used http://www.ph-mb.com/products/sky-calc

entered lan mac of nowtv hub2 and selected sagem fast modem.

entered the ppp username and ppp password into tp-link sky vdsl mer option.

and now i have my own router fully working,

32 REPLIES 32
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Wireshark worked for me too. No need to wire, Wireshark can sniff packets over wireless network and there are plenty of YouTube videos to show you how. I searched “use wireshark to setup third party router”. After wasting time on the skybb website posted, it took me about 20 minutes to use Wireshark. Router/modem now connected to internet without bridging with NowTV router.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've done it exactly as you said, waited for the DHCP Discover packets to appear after a reboot, search udp.port === 67, then looked for the 'Client Identifier (61) but it only gives me some 7 characters of junk (=LyòäÆ). Nothing like your example  'xxxxxxxxxxx@nowtv|<password>'

Anonymous User
Not applicable

HI @Anonymous User I have the same issue as you were having, just 7 characters of junk. Were you able to resolve the issue?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No, I gave up on Wireshark, and went back to using
http://www.ph-mb.com/products/sky-calc and an ethernet cable to set up
rather than Wifi. To be honest I think you can use any made up
username/password as highlighted here
https://kevq.uk/how-to-use-a-tp-link-router-with-sky-fibre-optic. Just make
sure you're using the right VDSL router, mine's a TP Link VR600 (AC1600)
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

i have same router ac1600. 

can you share me your settings please. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This sounds quite daunting, I have archer c2. My nowtv fibre hasn't been activated yet. I am currently with plusnet. I am considering just calling plusnet and asking them to pricematch nowtv.

I have moved to sky mobile, and currently about to move to nowtv fibre, because of their prices. But I am reconsidering whether it's worth it for the rubbish (non-existent) support and the spam to buy TV passes and stuff.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If you continue with the NowTV Broadband, they will send you a router preconfigured for use with their service.

I have not seen any spam about the NowTV streaming services.

When I was with Sky for broadband, I feared they would spam me with offers for the satellite service. But they didn't, not once.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Under My Account > Personal Details section whilst logged in on here there is an option on the screen page to opt out of NowTV sales & marketing emails by unticking the option box, but you will also lose the option of receiving special discounted offers that would be account specific to you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found this really helpful, and just to add a little more detail here are the settings I used with my Archer VR400 v2 on NowTV.
I used WireShark on LAN port 1 and found the username to be like this:-

8e1332df1212@nowtv|trDFeWsC

So the start is the MAC address printed under the router. Wen I logged in the last digit of my address under LAN MAC address was a digit out.

The password is different from any I got from any calculators!

Settings:-

ISP List: SkyBroadband(BSkyB)ADSL

VPI:0
VCI:38

Internet Connection:PPPoA

Username: macadress@nowtv

Password:As sniffed

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have my username and password. I am having some difficulty working out what mac address to use for my own router. My logon is *******40@nowtv the mac address on the bottom of the box ends *****40 but on the NOWTV portal it says the LAN MAC IS ********41 and the broadband address is *********42.

So do I use 40 or 41 to set the MAC address of my own router.

I cannot get it to connect. When I go to diagnostics I see "Showtime" 20 up and 80 down, but when I look at the WAN settings it errors saying incorrect username and password. I have used wireshark and I am 100% sure I have the correct username and password.

My other settings are

VPI 0

VCi 38

VC Mux

PPoE

Ip assignment: Dynamic

PPP Auth (PAP or CHAP)

Wan Connection mode: PPP detect

MTU 1500

Multi-PVC Channel: Channel 1

Any other suggestions would be gratefully received, I am desperate to get my router working as I am trying to do VOIP and the NOW router is modulating the voice traffic.