cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nowpoorservice
Advocate

the truth about now

I guess Now at some point was good, or had great advertising marketing to be chosen the best of 2022.

the reality is different, I suppose there are worse than Now but it really offers poor service both for the internet and for the client.

I tried everything to solve my problems, calls, new routers, engineers checking my line. I never had these problems with the previous providers

worst of all the daily internet drops and that's frustrating when you work from home and your kids have to do homework online

In the end I had to pay for a service that I am not using and a fine for leaving early for a provider that does respect their customers.

4 REPLIES 4

Interesting. “Your truth” is that you’ve had a bad experience, which as a fellow customer, I’m sorry to read about. On the other hand, “my truth” is completely different. To be fair though, everybody has their own version of “their truth” and each will be at a different point on the “scale of all truth”…

Jayach
Elite 3

Obviously I have no idea about what your problem could have been, but if Now replaced the router, and called Openreach out, it would seem they were doing all they could.

RoyB
Legend

@Nowpoorservice 

Now is domestic broadband; WFH over it at your own risk.

You don’t say what the symptoms of the internet drops were; a real drop (the green light on the router goes off, and nobody in your home could use the internet, even when wired to the router by Ethernet), or the WiFi dropping on one, or only a few devices, at a time?

Though if you paid Now an early termination fee, it’s pretty clear that your truth wasn’t Now’s truth, since if Now could not give you a satisfactory service, in 30 days of trying, they should have let you leave without penalty….

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite

@Nowpoorservice 

Its clear that this is a "protest post" and im guessing you have no intention of trying to figure out what has gone wrong, how to solve it, or what Now broadband is.

There is no fine for leaving early , only an early temrination fee, something you would have agreed to pay when you signed up, and through your own actions you have ended up paying.

Theres an old saing here, its called look before you leap.

The truth about Now is

Its the budget version of Sky broadband

It has ony the "basic" service agreement with Openreach, this means if there is a problem then things will take longer to fix

The router is very basic, and has  poor wifi performance, this results in dropped wifi connections, poor signal and more. However it works for some/most it doesnt work for all - the good news is that you can use a compatale third party off the shelf consumer modem router that you will have to set up yourself.

Its not recomended for work/bussiness use , there are no VAT invoices and due to the basic service agreement with openreach faults will take longer to fix. There are also no back ups shold the broadband go down, no fall back to 3/4/5G mobile data, no 24hour support etc .

If your broadand is critical for work purposes then i would suggest you use a bussiness broadband service - they are not much more than domestic contracts