cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

still no internet after 1 month

having signed up for Fiber and calls in feb this year, i got a switch on date of 14/02/2022. it's now 16/03/2022 and still no Broadband. lost count how many times NOW have said it will be connected tomorrow. everytime i call them, it's always excuses and get told an engineer will call to fix the problem. no one ever calls. with my job, i  have to sometimes work from home. i have to take my laptop to a mates a few doors away and work from there. i can't use my mobile as we are in a poor reception area and we have to use wifi calling. can't do that with no broadband. i have no TV service without internet. i was told i will get £25 per missed appointment. thats 10 so far. plus £5.04 perday i have no service. add that up and it's almost the next 2 years free internet etc from now. you would think knowing this, they would get me connected asap. i can't go with another company as the internet has been removed off my line and Openreach who's job it is to connect me will still take their time connecting me. plus, it takes 15 days to change suppliers. Now said it will finally go live today. bet it doesn't

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It almost sounds like your contract with PlusNet was cancelled, but the one with Now never started. Usually when the Openreach engineer makes the switch, that is what cancels one contract and starts the other. What lights are on the router, and if you log in to it can you see the DSL speed?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

no, it's with NOW. i can see my phone bill and all my calls on my NOW account

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

no, it's with NOW. i can see my phone bill and all my calls on my NOW account

So your landline phone is working? That means the copper is connected all the way back to the exchange.

Just in case the Now router is faulty, can you try the PlusNet router and see if it gets a DSL connection.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

tried the plusnet router. no broadband connection

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It sounds like you are not connected to the fibre at the cabinet. It seems impossible that Now have not been able to resolve it. I would be absolutely furious if this happened to me.

I can only suggest following their complaints procedure and taking it to Ofcom/CISAS if necessary.

NOW complaints procedure and codes of practice (nowtv.com)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

did both of those. still waiting. ofcom won't get involved till week 8

this morning i got an email from Leanne at NOW saying my internet will be live between 8am and 1pm today. nope it wasn't. had to phone them twice today. they said it couls still come on before midnight. we know it won't

Anonymous User
Not applicable

well, another weekend with no internet. it was supposed to go live friday. even the lass on the phone at NOW could not understand why openreach didn't come to the house. she gave me the mobile for the engineer. i sent a text on friday asking what was going on. i got no replay

Anonymous User
Not applicable

there is only the power light and wifi light on the router. the internet light is not lit. if it was orange, that would say there was broadband on the line but not connected. if it was green, it would say i have broadband. it's not lit

Anonymous User
Not applicable

just had to call NOW again on a 45 min call. they said it will be connected tomorrow. thats the 15th connection date i've had and i told the lass at NOW it won't happen

Anonymous User
Not applicable

managed to contact Openreach to complain. this is their reply

Hello,

We’re really sorry that you’re waiting for your line to be connected and that you want to complain to us. We know how important it is to be connected to phone and internet these days.

To make a complaint that relates to getting a line connected or fixed, internet speed,an engineer appointment,or to ask about compensation, you’ll need to contact your Communications Provider (CP) - the company you have a contract with and pay your bill to.

Although we’re the network provider, it’s right your CP manages their relationship with you directly. If your CP needs our support, they have escalation routes into us to resolve the matter on your behalf. Your CP also holds and has access to all of your personal details. We don’t have this information. So it’s more secure for you to deal with them directly too.

This mailbox isn’t monitored by anyone so please don’t reply to this mail. The good news is that if you do feel that you need to speak to us,you can do so using our e-Chat service. Our agents are available on e-Chat between the following times -

- Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
 - Sat 10am-4pm
 - Sun 10am-4pm

Here’s the link to use if you want to get in touch with us via e-Chat opnr.ch/chat

Thank you and take care,
Openreach Customer Services