cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

still no internet after 1 month

having signed up for Fiber and calls in feb this year, i got a switch on date of 14/02/2022. it's now 16/03/2022 and still no Broadband. lost count how many times NOW have said it will be connected tomorrow. everytime i call them, it's always excuses and get told an engineer will call to fix the problem. no one ever calls. with my job, i  have to sometimes work from home. i have to take my laptop to a mates a few doors away and work from there. i can't use my mobile as we are in a poor reception area and we have to use wifi calling. can't do that with no broadband. i have no TV service without internet. i was told i will get £25 per missed appointment. thats 10 so far. plus £5.04 perday i have no service. add that up and it's almost the next 2 years free internet etc from now. you would think knowing this, they would get me connected asap. i can't go with another company as the internet has been removed off my line and Openreach who's job it is to connect me will still take their time connecting me. plus, it takes 15 days to change suppliers. Now said it will finally go live today. bet it doesn't

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Who were you with before? If you did a switch via Now, the old broadband should continue until the new one takes over.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

plusnet. like i said, NOW took over on 14/02/2022 and thats the day it went wrong

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You might not like the answer, however we are all just customers like yourself here. That being said I have broadband with BT.

Best solution we can supply is to keep pestering the broadband team with NOW until it’s resolved.

Number in my signature below.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i phone them every other day. i'm on the phone to them now as i type. the lad on the line says he's trying to find out whats going on (again)

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sorry bud for not being much help. Unfortunately this is customer to customer forum so we won’t be able to help much apart from give you the number to call. 

Definitely feel for you and hope you get it sorted. Hopefully you’ll get some compensation for it.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

I recently switched from plusnet without a problem.

I know the way you switch can have an impact ,  which method below did you use to switch?

Method 1: Call plusnet and ask/tell them to cancel, then sign up to Now

Method 2: Sign up to Now without cancelling Plusnet and without telling plusnet you want to cancel

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i did it on line. a few days later plusnet sent me a letter saying i was leaving.  they closed my account on the supposed start date of NOW 14/02/2022

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did you get a call/text from the Openreach engineer who was doing the swap?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

nope. they never turned up for any appointments ether