cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

"Finish Setting Up Your Account"

Got several emails saying I need to finish setting up my account before my broadband goes live, but the link doesn't work, it just sends me to the "My Passes" page of my account. Help!

16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here!  What a  complete joke this procedure is.  In my case ...

Signed up online for fast b/b and landline  this afternoon.

Got email asking me to finish setting up account.  Link took me to "buy passes" page with no apparent option to skip to next page.  Rang customer service and was told that everything is set up OK.

Put phone down, get another email saying I need to complete account, give "friendly sales team" a call.  Wait time for "friendly sales team" is 20+ minutes, so go to online chat.  End up chatting to wrong department, so chat being transferred to correct department. 

No sign of further life on chat after 10 minutes, so ring customer service again.  End up speaking to wrong department.  Bloke says is transferring me to correct department, but once again no signs of life after 9 minutes.

And now I have an email saying they've had to change my order, but I can see no change in the details.

In a word, WTF??????? 

Two questions, guys. 

Is everything else to do with Now TV as hopeless as this?

And what if anything do you suggest I do in response to my three emails?  If the answer involves phoning Now TV yet again, I really would appreciate knowing the right phone number to use and preferably the option number.

Thank you

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

To see if your broadband and telephone order is being processed then go to My Account > Orders & Appointments on here.

If it shows that your order is being processed and they are getting the Hub ready for delivery then i wouldn't worry.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, schnapps.  I guess you have a point.

I can't begin to understand how they can allow this state of affairs to continue, given that these emails are the very first communication the new customer gets from NowTV.

I only hope the service turns out to be alot better than the first impression that's been created ... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Got several emails saying I need to finish setting up my account before my broadband goes live, but the link doesn't work, it just sends me to the "My Passes" page of my account. Help!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I have setup 3 number nowtv broadband accounts for myself and family members and each time I had the same exact email about finishing your account.

If when going to My Account and selecting Orders & Appointments on here and you see your order being processed on the system then just ignore the email sent.

I believe there is either a bug in their system or a sales ploy in attempt to buy nowtv passes to go with your broadband order. 

Don't be surprised that the next email you get is that they need to make changes to your broadband order , if everything looks correct again ignore the email (possible another bug or glitch in their system).

If for some reason you see when undertaking a Technical Check on your broadband line for the first 7 to 10 days approx a red warning message that you owe a payment, then again another glitch on their system and ignore it. 

I had all these above issues and no problems with the first two broadband accounts going live on the planned activation date. 

The third broadband account is scheduled to go live next Tuesday where I already have the hub 2 router to plug in on the day of activation. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I have had all them emails already @schnapps and I had one saying my order was cancelled and then said it wasn't 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I never had the cancelled order email and then a second saying it was fine. 

Perhaps another glitch on their automation email process system for broadband customers?