cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
til1
Advocate

cancelling broadband

As my Nan no longer makes use of broadband is it possible to cancel the broadband part of the package while retaining / paying for the anytime calls/rental only,

I appreciate any advice given

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

No. It is a bundled package, as with most ISPs. You wouldn't pay anything less in any event, as line rental is included.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
redchiz1
Champion 2

No. It is a bundled package, as with most ISPs. You wouldn't pay anything less in any event, as line rental is included.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@til1 

The only provider I think that does that is Virgin. With all OpenReach network users I am with @redchiz1 that it’s a bundled package.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

Virgin don't do that any more.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

Wow, wonder when that happened. Not that I even use my landline as I don’t have a handset, more than happy to use my mobile haha

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

Trust me, I have scoured the market, my father in law is of a certain age and has no need, nor use for broadband. But the last time I looked on his behalf there was no better value than a NOW package, nor have I found one since. The fact that it comes with broadband is a bonus for us when we visit him.  🙂

chilli2
Elite

DEpending upon your nans circumstances it may be possible to move to something like BT home  essentials.

Internet almost always comes bundled with a phone line, and soon the primary conection will swap to the internet with phone services on top

redchiz1
Champion 2

BT Home Essentials is a broadband plan.

Jayach
Elite 3

If you Nan is on certain benefits, she could possibly go onto a social tariff. They won't include anytime calls, but it should be possible to add those for about £8.00 per month.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/social-...

But be warned, swapping to another provider will probably mean a VoIP provided land line.

If she isn't on Pension Credit, it may be worth looking into, it opens up many other discounts and benefits.

https://www.gov.uk/pension-credit