cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate

Using all my data

Hi I’m new to nowtv and we took out a deal with Three for our internet it’s called Homefi so you don’t need a phone line we get 100GB Data each month but recently we have used this up in 2 weeks which has baffled me as we only watch Now tv for football matches (not all of them) and films (not that many) does anyone know if this sounds right? I’m currently talking to three to try and get to the bottom of it.
Thank tou
0 Thanks
2 Replies
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Using all my data

@Paula7

Welcome to the forum. NOW TV use adaptive bitrate management when streaming, and most devices will try to draw as much data as your connection allows to get the best picture possible (up to 720p)  which will result in anything up to around a couple of GB of data each hour if you have a good 3G/4G connection on your Homefi. Unless you have unlimited mobile data you're probably going to find this uses up your data allowance very quickly and could end up costing you a lot in data charges.

Unfortunately NOW TV doesn't have any options to reduce data usage or select 'mobile' data streams so it may well be that you need to consider restricting NOW TV use. 

Advocate

Re: Using all my data

Thank you for your help! I think I may try and cancel three and get unlimited.