cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unable to finish off setting up my account - 3 months, 2 calls, one email, chase of that email....

The title gives you the gist of my problem.

I have now gone for the forum post option as a last resort. Let me bore you with the details.

I could live with the Adult filter on up until 9 which it has been doing for 3 months but now its been on permanently for a week or so. Its like all levels of restriction at once in the world what with Covid and all.  Access to dating sites would be good its not like I can meet someone in person for a while.

I would call up again but the last 2 calls were no help at all and the Issue in terms of finishing off setting up my Broadband account still goes on.

Am I the only one to have this problem for so long go unresolved? I know it was a common problem at the time. It was a month after I joined that I first called and it was a known issue then that new customers couldn't finish setting up their accounts. I have tried several times since.

This is where you put in your postcode, last 4 digits of payment card and put in your account number. I am not sure which it doesn't like but I only discovered yesterday that if I put 1 digit in the account number the green tick would come up so that's probably a weak point though I was emailed my account number and i can only go by that and trust it.

Somewhat crazy that it has not been fixed it couldn't have taken this long to identify the problem surely?

Can I be helped? Is there anyone in Now TV that can help me use the features of my account by allowing me to finish setting my account up?

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hiya,I'm Gerrard Livingston maybe I can help you finish off,I use adult and filter so if you want to chat, please get back to me 👍

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still no answer id prefer someone who works for NOW TV to help.

Terrible service.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Will tag in someone who works for Now TV that might be able to help @Simon-J  are you able to point @Anonymous User in the right direction for the original post?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I joined in August 2020 and still not been able to finish setting up my account spent hours with now tv but they cant sort it out.so after nearly 8 month of trying Idont think they know what they are doing

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Ken

Watcha wanna do now?

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What can I do? Too expensive to go elsewhere. Just have to make do without a pc account.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

OK Ken

You say you have to do without a main PC account, at this point I don't know what you've tried or what intructions you have followed.  For example, have you tried using another browser, such as Mozilla Firefox or Microsoft Edge.

So what I am saying, in order to get help from the other customers that frequent this forum you'll have to provide some info of what you have tried so far. That way someone may know of or point you to a solution.

Just remember, this is a customer led forum and the boys and girls at NOW only pop in occasionally.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have tried Edge Firefox and chrome. None worked they asked me to change my email address three times. Change my password several times then said my first email address should be OK so changed it back to Hotmail. I can get into my account but it says  we'll that didn't go to plan. Don't know what else to do?. Thanks

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi again Ken

Just gonna holla atcha', I presume you're running Windows 10 and if so have you tried switching off any pop-up blocker and/or any other utility running in the background of your OS.

The reason I ask is because some background utilities are known to prevent the NOW site from working properly, and now that it seems that site updates are not thoroughly tested things are only likely to get worse.

UK Bob