cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Switching to NowTV

Hi all,

Hopefully this will be straightforward. I'm switching to NowTV from another provider (BT) and judging by the FAQs, there's nothing I need to do RE cancelling with BT. I know that BT usually require 30 days of notice before you cancel with them so given my NowTV "Live" date is well within those 30 days, can anyone advise what this means in terms of what I'll owe BT please?

Will BT get notified that I'm cancelling today (as I've placed the order with NowTV) in which case I'll still have to pay BT for the next 30 days? Or will they get told on my live date, 7th May, in which case I'll have to pay for a full 30 days after that? Or hopefully will they just seamlessly swap over and I'll only be paying BT up until 7th May?

Many thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I switched from BT Broadband & TV to NowTV Fab Fibre about 12 months ago and NowTV took care of the cancellation process on my behalf (never needed to contact BT where i was out of contract with them).

For me the process was straightforward and seamless where NowTV did all the cancellation work for me.

Once NowTV notifed BT that i was changing internet provider BT sent me a letter saying sorry that you are leaving etc etc.

Because i was paying DD monthly payments for each month using BT in advanced, BT credited my bank account with the money owed which was the difference between the date cancelled by NowTV (which i believe is the date of your NowTV order confirmation emailed to you) and the days left before my next monthly payment that was due to BT.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I switched from BT Broadband & TV to NowTV Fab Fibre about 12 months ago and NowTV took care of the cancellation process on my behalf (never needed to contact BT where i was out of contract with them).

For me the process was straightforward and seamless where NowTV did all the cancellation work for me.

Once NowTV notifed BT that i was changing internet provider BT sent me a letter saying sorry that you are leaving etc etc.

Because i was paying DD monthly payments for each month using BT in advanced, BT credited my bank account with the money owed which was the difference between the date cancelled by NowTV (which i believe is the date of your NowTV order confirmation emailed to you) and the days left before my next monthly payment that was due to BT.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great,

Thanks very much @schnapps !