cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RufusMcDufus
Mentor

Switching to Now TV - wish to delay start date

Hi - I've ordered a switch to Now TV.  My current provider is Sky.  When ordering with Now I didn't get the option of specifying a start date. Now says the go-live day will be 24 Jan, but my old contract ends 3 Feb so I'll incur early termination fees from Sky.

Is it possible to set a start date to coincide with the end of my old broadband contract?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RufusMcDufus
Mentor

OK, so I heard back from Sky by letter.  I won't incur any early termination charges for this transfer.

I guess as I'm already fully paid-up for the final month there are no charges, which is good news and makes it easier.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
RufusMcDufus
Mentor

I haven't actually. I think I'm going to wait and see first. Sky will write to me in the next few days if there are any charges. As JohnH1  pointed out earlier, I've already paid up front for the final month so it'd be a bit harsh if they charged me early termination fees on top of that.

Also on https://www.sky.com/help/articles/charges-for-ending-your-sky-contract-early it says the following. I've bolded the bit I think is relevant.

How much will I be charged?

The amount you're charged depends on:

• How long’s left of your minimum term from the date your subscriptions end, calculated in days;
  • The days you’ve already been billed for in advance; and
  • The products you subscribe to, the price you pay for them and when your subscriptions end.
RufusMcDufus
Mentor

OK, so I heard back from Sky by letter.  I won't incur any early termination charges for this transfer.

I guess as I'm already fully paid-up for the final month there are no charges, which is good news and makes it easier.