cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Switching to Now TV vs BT Broadband and landline

I just want to check that if I switch to Now TV they will cancel my BT set up automatically - or do I need to inform BT prior to applying to Now TV ?  Thanks. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Don’t contact BT, as NowtV will do everything for you. This applies to anyone changing ISP - if you tell them you’re leaving, they might discontinue your service before the new ISP is ready to take over. If they then inform OpenReach that you’ve discontinued your service, OpenReach could assign your phone number and line to someone else which would then cause problems for the new ISP. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Don’t contact BT, as NowtV will do everything for you. This applies to anyone changing ISP - if you tell them you’re leaving, they might discontinue your service before the new ISP is ready to take over. If they then inform OpenReach that you’ve discontinued your service, OpenReach could assign your phone number and line to someone else which would then cause problems for the new ISP. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks Mark, I suspected as much 🙂

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User You’re welcome. I should have added a warning about not cancelling any direct debit with your old supplier until after the final bill has been paid. But I’m sure you realised that.