cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Switching to NOW TV from BT

Hi All,

Hopefully I'm in the right place. I wish to switch to NOW TV Fibre from BT.

My question is based around the switching process as my contract ends with BT on 10th June and I am unsure about when I can put my order through with NOW TV. I don't want to incur a ridiculous out of contract BT price increase so can anyone give me any advice as to what to do please?

Many Thanks

Ben

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi All,

Hopefully I'm in the right place. I wish to switch to NOW TV Fibre from BT.

My question is based around the switching process as my contract ends with BT on 10th June and I am unsure about when I can put my order through with NOW TV. I don't want to incur a ridiculous out of contract BT price increase so can anyone give me any advice as to what to do please?

Many Thanks

Ben

Assuming you are out of contract with BT on 10th June and you have given them 30 days notice you should not incur a penalty.Also like BT you should be aware the speed you get will be dependent on the distance from the local exchange to your home.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply  👍🏻

So say I give them 30 days notice. Can I then just proceed my switch even if it goes live before the 10th?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Thank you for your reply  👍🏻

So say I give them 30 days notice. Can I then just proceed my switch even if it goes live before the 10th?

Normal process give your provider 30 days notice to run out on the 10th so you would give notice on the 10th of the previous month.Also remember your current provider and your new provider both use open reach info structure so in an ideal world you want one to finish on the same day the new one starts. Also be aware Now Tv are famous for saying one thing and doing another so if and when you book your new contract you better try and get a guaranteed start date from them.Check some of the threads on here regarding failed install dates.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I asked to switch on 1st of May, they sent me a letter and email changeing it to 2nd of May and on 7th I still don't have internet as the old suplier cut off my internet on 2nd of May.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So if I phone BT tomorrow and cancel. Could I then contact NOWTV straight away to sort out the switch? I'm asking as I go on holiday on the 5th June for 2 weeks so wouldn't have a time to sort out a new ISP on the 10th. 

Thanks for your response Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just switched to now tv from the Post Office, and it turns out that they have given me, without my permission, a new phone number, and tell me that the number we have had for over 25 years, two houses and several providers, cannot be restored.  I am not happy at all.  So if you want to keep your number then find out if you can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

So if I phone BT tomorrow and cancel. Could I then contact NOWTV straight away to sort out the switch? I'm asking as I go on holiday on the 5th June for 2 weeks so wouldn't have a time to sort out a new ISP on the 10th. 

Thanks for your response Smiley Happy

,Switching from one provider to another should be seem less but having read so many forum posts on here about failed or cancelled installs does not shine a very positive light on Now Tv and trying to contact them seems to be as hard as winning the lottery.Other posts quote a phone number to call Now Tv at £6 per minute which is nothing short of ludicrous how they are allowed to get away with it beggars belief. I would like to tell you it’s gonna work out ok but having read so many negative threads I’m not sure I can.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I know everybody's experience when switching ISP will be different (some good some bad).

I switched from BT to NowTV over a year ago and the switch over was pain free and seem less in my case.

I didn't even have to contact BT, where NowTV took care of the cancellation and switch over to them once i ordered NowTV Broadband & Telephone on the NowTV website.

If you do decide to sign up to NowTV Broadband then when asked on screen tick the option to request that you keep your existing telephone number.

The switch over process took exactly 2 weeks from date of order to going live with NowTV.

More info here about switching to NowTV Broadband and Telephone.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-switch-to-now-broadband

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your response.

I've just been through my now tv order and it states my start date as the 29th May but my BT contract doesn't end until the 10th June. Do you know if that will affect anything?

Should I wait until next week and push the date back?

Thanks

Ben