cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Switching Broadband Providers from EE

hi,

will my EE broadband be up past my cancellation date while waiting for new broadband activation. By this I mean my EE broadband is scheduled to end on MAY 1st 2022 but my NOW broadband activation date is 10TH MAY 2022. Will I have no Wifi for those days between 1-10 May 2022?? 

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you left NOW Broadband to cancel your previous ISP, then normally you would be charged the full month in May by EE, then once the NOW Broadband goes live on the 10th of May (EE should credit you the difference in a couple of weeks after the switch over).

So the internet down time is to a minimum on the 10th of May.

That's how it worked for me when i switched from BT to NOW and the internet downtime was a couple of hours during the live switch date and i received a credit from BT for the difference for the days in month not used which took about 14 to 30 days to credit me back. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

hi,

will my EE broadband be up past my cancellation date while waiting for new broadband activation. By this I mean my EE broadband is scheduled to end on MAY 1st 2022 but my NOW broadband activation date is 10TH MAY 2022. Will I have no Wifi for those days between 1-10 May 2022?? 

When you say it is scheduled to end on 1/5/22, do you mean you have cancelled, or is that when your contract with EE ends?

If you have signed up with Now they will handle the cancellation when they take over the line, but if you cancelled with EE yourself, you will lose the connection on that date.

If swapping between FTTC providers never cancel the existing service, always let the gaining service handle it for minimum downtime.