cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael512
Advocate

Sudden Increased Bill

My Bank advises my monthly debit card payment has increased from £25.50 to £45.50 and the Now TV account says its for FULL FIBRE BROADBAND which I have NEVER ordered. Whats more we dont have FFB in our area. Have sent a private message awaiting response. Note for Now TV if NO response  future payments will be CANCELLED you have broken the contract.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Michael512 

Sounds like your 12 month discounted rate came to an end. Granted you should have received email confirmation about the end of your contract coming.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/end-of-broadband-contract

You also are NOT speaking to anyone from NOW who will respond to a post on here. Broadband staff has never posted on the forum in my entire time of using it. 

Best to give the broadband team a call and renew your contract. Make sure to be signed to see the number.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/renewing-my-contract

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Michael512 

Sounds like your 12 month discounted rate came to an end. Granted you should have received email confirmation about the end of your contract coming.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/end-of-broadband-contract

You also are NOT speaking to anyone from NOW who will respond to a post on here. Broadband staff has never posted on the forum in my entire time of using it. 

Best to give the broadband team a call and renew your contract. Make sure to be signed to see the number.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/renewing-my-contract

CarlaS

My payment has gone from £26 a month to this month £43.50. I am not sure why this is as I have had no email to advise of this? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@CarlaS 

As per my original post, you should be getting emails when your contract comes to an end. My post also explains how to get in touch to speak with staff as it won't be on here. 

Jayach
Elite 3

@Michael512 wrote:
the Now TV account says its for FULL FIBRE BROADBAND which I have NEVER ordered.

Seems unlikely as Now do not offer FTTP (full fibre)

It's almost certain that your I year discount has ended, as @gavs82008 suggests.

Jayach
Elite 3

There seem to be quite a few people saying they have not been informed when their discounted rate is coming to an end. Shell Energy have been fined for just that kind of failure.

Shell Energy fined £1.4m for failing to flag end of contracts and best deals to phone and broadband ...

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Jayach 

Interesting, but not sure what that has to do with NOW? My father-in-law's contract and offer period ends on 15 December, he duly got a reminder email on 15 November. 

Jayach
Elite 3

@redchiz1 wrote:

@Jayach 

Interesting, but not sure what that has to do with NOW? My father-in-law's contract and offer period ends on 15 December, he duly got a reminder email on 15 November. 

I'm glad to hear he got the notification, but obviously the previous 2 posters ( @Michael512 and @CarlaS ) didn't. I have no explanation for why they didn't but it seems to be a frequent complaint on here.

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Jayach 

Didn't get it, or simply missed it? If definitely and demonstrably the former then the right thing to do would be to invoke the complaints procedure. 

chilli2
Elite

The email about the end of the minimum term, for me, came from Sky (nows parent company) and was called "news about your Now membership"

If you are not aware of this its easy to miss, even more so if its from Sky  - its possible if you have a spam filter set up for this to catch the email - this is your responsibility to check , likewise if you have not kept your email address up to date.

Another thing that can happen is that you can come to the end of your initial 12 month period and you should receive an email ( see above) however if like myself, you could end up on do nothing and pay the same deal after this initial 12 month minimum term, as you are out of the minimum term period ( aka contract) you may not get a message saying that this second deal period is coming to an end  and the first thing you may notice is an almost doubling of the bill if you have not been keeping track of things