cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David29
Mentor

Speed

I would like to increase the speed of my internet, can you tell me how to do this or what to do? thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Jayach
Elite 3

If you are still in contract you would need to speak to Now. (use the link @gavs82008 provided) 

If out of contract you could either upgrade with Now or swap to another ISP. Best to use a comparison site to see what is available to you. I like to use MSE Compare Best Broadband Deals for August 2022 - MSE (moneysavingexpert.com) as there may be discounts or vouchers available. (other comparison sites are available)

If you are in a FTTP (Fibre to the Property) area, you could possibly get that, which can be much faster, but Now don't offer it.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@David29 

Best to call the broadband team to find out your options and any deals.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/renewing-my-contract

NOW Broadband Members can call us 8am–8pm, 7 days a week.

0333 759 4818
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayach
Elite 3

Interesting question, but as we have no idea what you have currently, it's difficult to make any suggestions.

David29
Mentor

I have the most basic plan. BRILLIANT
BROADBAND(11mbps) and I would like to get SUPER
FIBER (63mbps)

Jayach
Elite 3

If you are still in contract you would need to speak to Now. (use the link @gavs82008 provided) 

If out of contract you could either upgrade with Now or swap to another ISP. Best to use a comparison site to see what is available to you. I like to use MSE Compare Best Broadband Deals for August 2022 - MSE (moneysavingexpert.com) as there may be discounts or vouchers available. (other comparison sites are available)

If you are in a FTTP (Fibre to the Property) area, you could possibly get that, which can be much faster, but Now don't offer it.

chilli2
Elite

As above, if your minimum term has finished - that is you are out of contract you may be able to get the so called super fibre.

What speeds are you getting at the moment??

Be aware that the 63 speed is an average and you could end up either side of that , for exmple my average is 53

There is an openreach ( confusingly branded as BT) checker tool here:

https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome

put your details in and see what comes up

If you want full (ie real) fibre and you want to keep your phone line you need to be careful with who you sign upto as some service providers dont include a phone number so you may loose your phone number

And for an added complication you  may also be in a copper stop sell area so you will only be able to move to a full fibre ISP .

If you go down this route, while itoffers the highest speeds an engineer will need to come to your property and drill a hole in your wall in order to install a new box inside called an Optical Network Termination (ONT) that needs its own power supply.

If you end up on a digital voice product then your phone will plug into a router and will not work in a power cut  ( unless you can power both the ONT and router yourself from battery's or other off grid supply)

Jayach
Elite 3

As @chilli2 intimates, there is no simple answer to your query. It all depends on your individual circumstances.

Do let us know how you get on.