cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gaz30
Advocate

Setup router before live date

I was just wondering can I set up my now router before my go live date my live date is 31st August 2022 I am currently on talk talk I tried the router yesterday and all 3 green lights came on the now router 

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Gaz30 

Your best to wait until the day of your line to go active before setting up the router.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/i-ve-ordered-now-broadband-what-happens-next

Your Hub will arrive a few days before your line is activated. It'll be delivered by Royal Mail, and we'll give you a link to track the delivery.

Keep in mind

You'll need to wait until your line is activated before setting up your Hub.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

But he says he’s got his Now router there.

@Jayach 

Maybe it is working off the fag-end of his current TalkTalk (not PlusNet) service?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

@RoyB wrote:

@Jayach 

Maybe it is working off the fag-end of his current TalkTalk (not PlusNet) service?

Oops, must have confused this thread with another.

Jayach
Elite 3

Does the PlusNet router still work?

If it does who does this say you are on. What is my ISP — Find your Internet Service Provider

Then put the Now router on and see what it says then. What is my ISP — Find your Internet Service Provider

If they both work (and I would be very surprised if they do) let us know as it is strange.