cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Replacement router

Hi, 

our house was was struck by lightening 3 weeks ago. It has blown the router up and we require a new router. 

I have been on hold for 30 mins twice and still not spoken to anyone still as I understand phone lines are busy.  

Please help. 

Many thanks 

Trev666

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Thanks for getting in touch with us, I will email you as soon as possible with a solution to this problem. thanks for your patience.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the community. Phoning NOW TV is usually the best way to get help but if wait times are too long you could try going via live chat instead (ask to speak to a broadband advisor when you are connected). You can get to live chat from the Contact Us page

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch

(expand the Anything Else section at the bottom for options)

I'll also tag @Anonymous User @Tony-D from the NOW TV Team in case they can help you direct on here, but I don't know when they are next on the forum so I'd keep trying via phone or live chat as well. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Hi Thanks for getting in touch with us, I will email you as soon as possible with a solution to this problem. thanks for your patience.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I plugged a switch (4 way ethernet box) into my router (now TV Hub2 i think from 2019) to expand the number of ethernet LAN cables i run through the house (to an office and the TVs around the house)

Since doing so the router has been not working properly. - the wifi is ok. but the ethernet ports have been playing up. Not sure if a coincidence or if the switch has done something. 

devices plug into the wifi says ethernet connection not recognised. 

can you send me a new router with 4 ethernet plugs? 

please help! 

Alistair 

Thanks 

Alistair 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to I get a new router as mine has been on the blink from day one and now will not connect at all . 🥺

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My router is rubbish.  From the beginning, less than a month ago, it has kept dropping out.  Its range is also much less than the previous (TalkTalk) router.  It seems to be very hot to the touch.  I have tried the Fix technical issues option, but it just sits there saying "will be done in a jiffy".  I left it like that for more than half an hour and nothing changed.  I regret switching to NowTV.  

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mines is the same just want to talk to a human and order a new one. Or is there one out there can buy online instead of this  thing??  it’s rubbish boiling hot and drops out randomly any time any day. Had engineers out no fault found on the line. Just c*** cheap nasty router. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Give the broadband team a call in the morning.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help