cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kel62
Advocate

Price increase if your out of contract with all inclusive calls

Think you all should know if your on a contract for broadband with free all inclusive calls and it's due for renewal now have dropped the all inclusive calls package you now have to pay extra for calls so read your contact fully when they send you a renewal invite .

21 REPLIES 21
RoyB
Legend

@Grumpyfrog 

Because ‘begs the question’ isn’t a new usage; it’s an age-old usage for the particular logic fallacy of implying the answer in the way the question is phrased.

But we have this recent, and growing, error of using ‘begs the question’ to mean ‘prompts the question’, probably by analogy with ‘begs us to ask the question’.

As you say, English is a living language, and if enough people commit, and continue to commit, this solecism, then ‘begs the question’ will indeed become synonymous with ‘prompts the question’.

So what, then, will we use when we really mean the logical fallacy? Maybe ‘begs the answer’, which, when you think about it, is maybe better than ‘begs the question’ anyway, for the fallacy.

I did use a cod HTML markup around my first reference to this, anyway 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

I was going to make the point that English is an evolving language.

Who would ever think sick means very good? 

Jayach_0-1684706675719.png

From: https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/sick

At least discussing English grammar might do some good, there is nothing we can do about Now (or any ISP) raising prices,