cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kel62
Advocate

Price increase if your out of contract with all inclusive calls

Think you all should know if your on a contract for broadband with free all inclusive calls and it's due for renewal now have dropped the all inclusive calls package you now have to pay extra for calls so read your contact fully when they send you a renewal invite .

21 REPLIES 21
redchiz1
Champion 2

It will depend on what you are notified individually when your contract ends. Although I am not surprised that they may be gradually hiking the cost of their packages upwards. 

Kel62
Advocate

Been with Now broadband for over 4 years now paying £23 a month for fibre with anytime call package which were free with broadband now they want £31 a month instead of £40 giving an £8 discount on Any time calls even on there web site now all packages for broadband are only with pay as you go calls which you can upgrade for different call packages if you want and the broadband is going up £3.50 in July .

Grumpyfrog
Scholar

NOW are increasing their broadband prices, and just noticed an ad. on tv that SKY are offering theirs at half price. My brain didnt switch on quick enough to get all the detail.

I sort of get the feeling that SKY are looking to draw customers away from NOW. If that is true then it begs the question regarding the future for NOW.

RoyB
Legend

@Grumpyfrog 

I saw the whole advert, and it’s half price for a while, £17, and then back to £34. So Now, changing along at £25 or so, will be back to breakeven after another 6 months.

<pedant>And it asks the question, not begs it, by the way</pedant> 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Grumpyfrog
Scholar

@RoyB 

Thanks for the info. Roy.

'And it asks the question, not begs it, by the way'   Now I is just a country boy, but I am not too old to learn something. 😀

I still like "it begs the question" rather than your version though.😀

RoyB
Legend

@Grumpyfrog 

https://youtu.be/zcKJdCWwva0

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
"Begs the question" is a phrase that refers to a fallacy in reasoning, but it has been misused for the past several years to the point that it may have taken on an additional meaning. Here I clarify the fallacy and provide an example. By Dr. Gordon Pettit; subscribe @gordonpettit; see more at ...
greyeyes
Scholar

sky are offering sky stream on a monthly package, cancel anytime... you could be right.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Sky Stream has had that option ever since launch. Similar principle i.e. a streaming service, but only available via their dedicated devices. And at higher prices. I think I'll wait. 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 @greyeyes 

And at least Now don’t ask for their sticks back if you cancel 😛