cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Port forwarding NOW hub2

Hello,

Can anyone confirm whether port forwarding is possible with this hub? This is something I have been doing for a long time so it comes as a shocker that I can't get this to work?

I have noticed that the public IP and WAN IP are different - hence I assume it is not possible to forard ports?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Never dabbled with port forwarding myself, but see if this Sky Help Article gives you any pin pointers.

The NOW Hub should be a clone of the Sky Router (so hopefully the setup and menu is the same / similar)

instead of sky use nowtv has the password.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Broadband-Talk/How-to-set-up-port-forwarding/ba-p/2662260 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looking at the date of the article, i am not sure if it relates to the older Sky Router with the smiley face internet light (NOW Hub 1).

Or the Sky Q Hub which is the clone of the NOW Hub 2.

If it's the wrong Router model, maybe try Googling Sky Q Router Port Forwarding or some along those lines.

There was some port forwarding instructions somewhere on the forum, but i can't remember if the instructions posted by a NOW Staff Member was correct or something totally different (maybe type port forwarding in the Community Forum search box on here).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sadly I have tried these options already to no avail. Port forwarding instructions for sky hub and nowhub are the same. This is why I am puzzled as to why it's not working.

For example, it took 3 minutes to port-forward on a virgin media hub. So I am wondering whether port-forwarding is at all possible or perhaps it's the ports that are the issue?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

My IT kknowledge is non existant to be honest where I am an AV guy.

If no other forum members offers any advice and help on here, then if it was me I would google it or do a search on the Sky Broadband Community Forum for the answers.

The members over on the Sky Broadband Community are pretty knowledgeable about these things. 

I’ve successfully created a Firewall incoming rule and a service to allow external access from devices (with the correct digital certificated credentials) to an RPi running a server via a particular port. Is that the sort of thing you are trying to do? If so, it can be done!
CraigPat23
Advocate

Hi, digging up an old post here, but I am tearing my hair out trying to set up port forwarding for services running on a RPi.  Earlier in the year I opened it no problem for a previous iteration of this server, but now the only change to this is the local IP and having updated all of the services and rules on the router I still can't seem to get the ports open correctly.  Can you provide any assistance?!