cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
doomlord
Mentor

Phone line down since Christmas Eve. Useless support.

My broadband is fine but the landline has been down since Christmas Eve. I've done the usual tests and tried different handsets etc.

I've rung Now 4 times and they keep saying Openreach are looking into it but I don't have any confidence in the support team. They seem not interested. I asked them what the SLA agreement is for phone lines and he told me to Google Openreach and ask them.

I find it hard to believe Openreach don't work on weekends or bank holidays.

It takes a while to get through to Now support as well. Nearly 30 minutes on Friday!

Really poor experience and after I get compensation I'll be reviewing other options.

14 REPLIES 14
doomlord
Mentor

Update:

I have rung them nearly every day as it is STILL not working. Each time I am on hold for between 15 and 30 minutes till I can talk to someone. I had an OpenReach engineer visit booked in for today between 8 and 1pm but when they didn't arrive I rang them and was told the visit had been cancelled as the problem is at the exchange and they have an estimated completion date of Jan 18th.

So nearly a month without a landline. Really poor and I think this is unacceptable. Broadband fine but no dial tone on the line. I understand NOW are just the middle man in all this and I can't rant at them but in all my years with BT I have never had an outage for this long.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Sorry to see this, I do hope it gets sorted, please keep us posted. 

doomlord
Mentor

Update 26/1

Still not fixed. Landline not been working since Christmas Eve.

Latest update from Now is that OpenReach will fix the outage on Jan 31. 

They have previously said Jan6, Jan 18, Jan24 and each time they have pushed it back so I'm not holding out too much hope.

I would like to know more details but Now only know what OpenReach tell them and it seems like that isn't a great deal.

redchiz1
Champion 2

That's really poor. Console yourself with the thought that you will be due a substantial amount of compensation:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/auto-compensation

doomlord
Mentor

The landline was finally fixed on February 24th.

It was down for 2 months. Apparantly 1200 customers were affected but these would all be from different providers, not just Now. Water Ingress was the issue mentioned.

Now I need to check on the compensation! It's not about the money though. This has caused a lot of inconvenience. OpenReach are at fault but you can't talk to them.