cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Extras - Caller Display

This is currently charged at £1 per month.

Presumably NOW TV & Broadband will be removing this charge from 1st October 2018 in compliance with new OFCOM rules (General Conditions of Entitlement)?

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @dr_necessitor

Thanks about the heads up, was thinking of adding caller ID to my nowtv telephone plan, for the extra £1 charge (will hold off now in anticipation of this change) 👍.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This deserves a bump as it's the 11th of October, this should have been enabled on the 1st. Can someone from NowTV explain what's happening and are you now illegally charging anyone who is paying it still?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I asked them the same question and i was told that anybody who is paying the £1 for the caller id feature will be credited £1 on their account each month to reflect zero charge for this service.

Where customers like me who haven't currently have the caller id feature, they told me that they are still working on it to be available for all broadband & telephone customers even though everything should have been in place in my opinion on the 1st of October Smiley Mad

Perhaps the NowTV Team could update all their broadband & telephone customers of the current situation with caller id on their service ?

And, given that the monthly payment for phone & broadband is taken in advance, will there be a pro rata refund (of the £1 fee taken on 22 September) for the period between 1 October & 21 October?!? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

And another bump.

When are Now going to migrate all its users onto caller display at no charge iaw Ofcoms ruling.  Seems to me they've had ample time to get this done.

How does one contact Ofcom to report non-compliance?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just used live chat on NowTV to add mine since they appear to be slow to update it themselves, perhaps they need to do it manually for each account as I don't know how their systems work.

I used https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/broadband-calls/my-broadband-or-calls-arent-working and clicked on the Chat Online option, the agent popped up almost instantly so they're pretty quite at the moment.

They need your full name, first line of address and postcode and the last 4 digits of your payment card number as security check (or at least mine did) and it was really quick. I suspect they're getting lots of practice doing this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Optional free extras

To activate any optional extras, just head to Change phone extras and give us a call on the number displayed.

• Caller display: Check who’s calling before you answer the phone. You’ll see either the number of the person calling or their name if you’ve added them to your address book.

Is this charge going to be refunded to my account?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good question as I've just checked my account and my charges have increased by £1 despite stating when I spoke to them to get it added that it is supposed to be free. 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've contacted them and they're putting a hidden credit on the account to cover it, my billing date is the 3rd of the month so I'll see.