cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Overdue Payment

My internet cut out this evening. I did a reset of the router and it's currently showing that there is no internet connection. 

I logged on to Nowbroad band using my mobile as wifi hotspot. When I do a 'check service status' it says;

"Please make your overdue payment". 

When I click on "Make payment", it just takes me to my billing history page. I can see all my previous bills which are up to date. I paid 26 April and next payment not due until 26 May. 

My card details are up to date. 

What do I do now? I literally cannot work without the internet!

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this exact same problem.

internet cut out without warning. All bills are paid and up to date, but 'overdue payment' message when checking service status. Clicking "make payment" displays another message "Oops something's gone wrong".

There is no customer support and this is UNACCEPTABLE!

Fix it fast or I take my business elsewhere.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Precisely the issue I had! Verbatim!

Although, interestingly, this is what I ended up doing. 

Normally, even if you have an overdue account, you should still be able to get on to your service provider website. This is to allow customers to make payments. Think about pre-paid mobile - You can still log on to the mobile provider website to top up.

I went to the 'check service status page' https://account.nowtv.com/check-service-status/

This was while being connected using my mobile wifi hot spot. 

I then connected to my router's wifi (even though there was no internet). I then refreshed the page and i was sent to my router (via it's IP address). In theory i suppose you could try connect to your router if you know the IP address. 

Anyway, i was then guided through some steps there, which really entailed a system check of the connection, then prompted me to remove the telephone cable and try again. First time didnt' work, but second time, i got a connection! Could be complete conincidence, and maybe something was fixed on NowTV's side. I don't know!

I also see that the 'overdue' payment error has now changed to 'Sorry, we can't fix your issue online'. Even though it appears i don't have any issues now! 

I give up! First issues i've had with NowTV. Hopefully last! I hope yours comes right!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too received the same message as yourself, "Please make your overdue payment".
I was having issue with NowTV BB, random drop-outs throughout the day, and now the BB is running at reduced speed. I was trying check service status. What's more, I cannot view any of my statements or NowTV package information. Received the following error message "Well, that didn't go to plan" and "Oops something went wrong"

I haven't fallen behind with payments, checked my credit card statement and NowTV have certainly taken payment.

Design of the error message looks like a template based error, really unhelpful of course.

I cannot report a fault, no web based system to report the issue during out of hours or during hours. I understand they have fewer people to manage customer operations, at least they should allow us to report a fault rather than use public forum!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I totally agree. It is completely unacceptable to take money for a service, not provide that service and not provide any means to report a fault. This is clearly at their wend with these "oops that went wrong" and "that didn't go to plan" error messages.

i believe it a breech of their telecoms provider licence to charge for a service that they are not providing and not provide a means to report it.

in any case, if it is not fixed by the morning I will be reporting them to Offcom the regulator.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

For all things broadband related there is a freephone number you can call, or fill out a form. Both can be found on the link below. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

Bare in mind with current circumstances the phone line will take a while. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still doesn't really answer the question of why we cant report faults via the Web.

I've already complained once I found the link last night, however I have not received acknowledgement from their system.

I want to give companies time to fix the issue before I make a complaint. That link is for complaint. If "complaint method" is the only way to resolve technical issues, so be it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What is the free phone number as I can’t find it 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

When you click on the link I provided you will need to scroll down, it should be a 0800 number.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why can't I pay my overdue balance online?