cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

ORDI request to change broadband provider

Hi, I'm trying to change broadband provider but my address is not up to date on the open reach system. I've been told by the provider I want to change to that my current supplier (you) needs to submit an ORDI (open reach data integrity) request to get this updated. However the people I've spoken to on the phone and in chat say they need to do it. I am struggling to find information on where the responsibility lies. I know I cannot submit an ORDI. So who needs to do this? 

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Has this been resolved for you?
I’m struggling with the same issue right now

I can say though, with 1000% certainty, that we *cannot* just submit an ORDI request ourselves - it needs to be done by the ISP, so in our case, NOW TV. It can only be submitted by someone who has a registered with Openreach, so that their email is recognised. It has to be done in a specific format, too. Any emails from the outside, the ORDI robot will reject instantly. 

Unfortunately, the customer service guys are not trained on this issue for some reason?? Come on, how difficult is it to log on to the Openreach portal and submit an ORDI request?

Super disappointed... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have not had this resolved. I have been badgering them for over a month
now
They tried to blame coronavirus for the delay but it had been going on
since before the lock down for some time. I'll keep you updated if anything
actually happens...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What the heck, this is ridiculous. I’ll keep calling them, I’ll call every single day if I have to. Thanks!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pocketpigeon did you get anywhere yet?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Not exactly - I ended up just cancelling altogether! It would’ve taken months to sort out. 😞
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that. I'm still persevering... I heard cancelling makes this even harder

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Did either of you ever sort this (with any provider)? I'm in the same boat and can't sign up to new broadband providers as they can't find my address...

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi, I did eventually no thanks to anyone at nowTV. I got in touch with open
reach and explained the situation. They made a new entry for my property
against the landline number. This I recall took around 5 working days to
appear on the system ISPs use to sign you up. I could then sign up with
another provider. I went with Zen internet and they sorted the ORDI stuff
from there on. Had no trouble since. I was massively disappointed by nowTV
and I urge no one to sign up with them.

I hope this helps.