cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV intend to change my landline phone number

Just getting ready for engineer to install my Now TV broadband tomorrow and found an email from 13 days ago which includes small print stating "Your NOW TV phone number will be xxxxxxxx".   I am sure that nowhere else in the process have they warned me that I will lose my phone number.  I just tried phoning Now TV, I'm sure I selected the correct IVR options but it disconnected me.  I've just been on Ofcom's web site and they state that keeping my phone number is called phone number porting and is normal practice, however, they do not state that a provider is obliged to offer it.  So I am intending to refuse the engineer access tomorrow and hand him the router which was delivered yesterday with a message to tell Now TV to stop the transfer process.  I don't want to do that but at this late stage its the only way I can keep my phone number.  Anyone aware of another way of solving this situation?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately it seems to be too much trouble for NowTV to ensure that your number is ported.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Unfortunately it seems to be too much trouble for NowTV to ensure that your number is ported.

Nonsense, most number ports go through fine.

chilli2
Elite

Just been activated on Now, number port went through without a hitch.

Number was ported from  Pkusnet to Now

Who were/are you porting from?

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Have you looked at the date on the posting you have suddenly decided to reply to?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, the issue remains and at least one person saw my post;)

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Anonymous User I managed to arrange a successful number port. As already asked, from which provider did you seek to port? Did you complete the option when ordering and get confirmation?