cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Talk Shield ?

This isn't strictly about Broadband, but there apears to be no page for Talk issues.

I know that Sky offers the Sky Talk Shield, does Now TV offer the same thing, or will it? 

Just curious that as Now TV is owned by Sky, will it offer the same type of Nuisance Call Blocking as they do. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Nope NOW TV don't currently have a version of Sky's Talk Shield and I've not heard anything about it coming but I agree it would be a good feature to have available. I'll tag @Tony-D from the NOW TV Team - he won't be able to make it happen himself (unfortunately!) but I'm sure he'd be happy to pass on the suggestion to the powers that be!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Nope NOW TV don't currently have a version of Sky's Talk Shield and I've not heard anything about it coming but I agree it would be a good feature to have available. I'll tag @Tony-D from the NOW TV Team - he won't be able to make it happen himself (unfortunately!) but I'm sure he'd be happy to pass on the suggestion to the powers that be!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Thanks Andy, 

It would be great if they did.  Perhaps one day it will happen 🙂 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes this would be a good add on which I personally would not mind paying an extra fee for. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have just moved from Sky to Now TV and Sky Talk Shield is the feature I miss the most. It had stopped all nusance calls, but today they have started again. Lets hope they can migrate the technology across to Now TV, soon!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It says you can have last call barring for £1 a month but when I rang they said they'd never heard of it

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

According to this help article they do offer last number call baring to some degree for the extra charge of £1 per month (click on the green arrow next to the sub heading topics to expand the on screen information on the link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/call-features 

Did you phone the NowTV Broadband Team or use the Live Chat web service ?

Perhaps try again where you may get to speak to an adviser who knows their products, where the Broadband Team should know more about their service where live chat gets involved with more widespread issues on the NowTV service.

You can get in touch by telephone with the NowTV Broadband Team by going to My Account > Broadband & Calls, then click on the blue down arrow below Phone Extras then click the blue Change My extras button where a telephone number should appear on screen to call. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had Sky talk shield when I switched my line to Now from Sky and it only stopped working after a month or so.

So it seems it can be switched on or off by Sky/Now.

Now management should read the publicity about the huge increase in scam calls and make it available to us.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is there any point in posting on this forum when it appears that nobody from Now appears to read it and respond? 

Date Last Visited ‎02-12-2019 11:29 = @Tony-D

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Not if you have a problem that no fellow customer can help you with, no.

In such circumstances, you should be using Live Chat.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.