cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No response from NowTV complaint

Has anyone else had better luck at receiving a response from NowTV? I've exhausted almost all channels regarding compensation and a refund for non-working broadband. 

I've used NowTV's Live Chat several times but each time an agent has providing conflicting information. This frustration has led me to cancel NowTV broadband and switch ISP. Most recently, I contacted NowTV Live Chat to ask how the compensation will be paid to me since my account will be closed by the time the 30 day timeline to process compensation has passed. The agent said she did not know but assumed it would be paid directly into my bank account. I asked for clarification but she was unable to confirm the payment process and said there was no one else I could contact who would be able to answer my question. This seems absurd that the customer service cannot provide an answer and instead resorts to guessing.  (Can anyone clarify if in my situation above, then compensation will be paid into my bank account directly once my account is closed?)

I've also used NowTV's messaging service twice  over a month ago and have yet to receive a response to either message despite the aim for a response within 24 hours as stated on their website. I have also sent a letter on 30th October (recorded delivery and I have seen that it has indeed been delivered successfully) and still no response. 

NowTV has provided awful communication and have ignored my numerous attempts to contact them and complain. If anyone has managed to solicit a response regarding a complaint from NowTV, I'd be interested to know how.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Be aware that financially resolving your complaint will take time and persistence. You will need to persevere for them to award you compensation. Once they have agreed it, my experience is that they may change their mind in which case you need to pursue it again. Once compensation has been awarded there is no guarantee it will be paid. At this point I would recommend contacting CISAS the ombudsman and gathering all evidence you have.

As a large company owned by Sky, it would appear that they will only pay out where there has been a legal requirement to do so - they are unlikely to pay you voluntarily.

From what I've read, CISAS will aim to settle for a lower amount. At this stage, as long as CISAS has sided with you, you can then pursue Now TV through the small claims court where you are likely to be more successful. 

I am owed nearly £400 and am going through this process now. Now TVs behaviour could be considered by some to be a scam and fraudulent, although I have actually received a service from them so would not label it as such.

Good luck!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for your reply.

I actually did take the case up with CISAS and won the full amount I was owed. Good luck with your case!