cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No internet after setting installation with new provider

Slow speeds causing problems WFH. Rang for advice after my IT department checked speeds and laughed   They were amazed I could get any work done. Spoken to now was told couldn’t raise complaint. Found more reliable guaranteed speed provider and arranged to switch. Got confirmation email off now and ever since the orange light has been coming on intermittently. I have had no internet for nearly three hours. Conveniently no phones manned after 8pm. Is it just me?  I’ve reset too many times to count and checked and double checked wiring. This is a nightmare. And I’m being barged to move and come out of contract. I’m paying for now tv too so how do I get money back 

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Excuse typos I’m having to use my phone to post. Barged= charged

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Geena

It could be argued that because you need your Internet for work, NOW broke the contract by not supplying the service you contracted with them for.

First, you should contact NOW, either by phoning them at the following number:

0800 759 1213

or emailing them:

Now TV Customer Services Email.jpg

Either way, explain that you need your line for work and that their supplied speed is way below the one you contracted for, and so leaving you no choice but to move on. 

However, if they are not convinced to return your money and not charge you an exit fee, then contact Resolver, and they should be able to help you get your money back.

https://www.resolver.co.uk/complaints/telecoms-complaints

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had this conversation with them Thursday. Found new provider due to start with them 6th may. Had email off now Friday to say new provider had been in touch and that there would be a charge for leaving early. Then Saturday orange light on. When I finally completed self heal my broadband status is disconnected. Is anyone else having issues.  I have to wfh Monday and I’m gonna have to lose annual leave if I don’t have internet 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi again Geena

In the dim and distant, I have found myself caught between leaving a bad ISP, who messed up the line when they cut me off, and my new ISP, that had to fix the line before I got my Internet back (if I remember correctly, it took three weeks before I got my Internet and phone line back).

However, I'm not suggesting you will have to suffer as I did but I would say that you should appeal to your new ISP to see if they can possibly bring your start date forward as a matter of urgency.

At the moment, you're caught between "a rock and a hard place" with very little, if any, wiggle room.  If possible, the only option you have is offering to pay the new ISP to acellerate your start date.

UK bob