cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New to now TV broadband

Hi everyone,

I have my now TV broadband connected on 25th of this month. My enquiry is will my first bill come out on 25th as it's states on website that of you are an existing now TV customer it will come out with my next bill which is 18/06 but if you are a new now TV customer it will come out on 25/05. Bit confused and any help would be appreciated. Thanks all

13 REPLIES 13
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Normally your live activation date will be the date of your Broadband payment.

So if your live activation Broadband date is the 25th of May, then your first monthly payment will be on the 25th of May and the 25th of each month thereafter.

Should you have any existing TV Memberships, then the payment dates doesn't change for these TV Memberships.

Not sure if the above has answered your questions or not.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Further to what @schnapps has said, I think the ‘existing customer’ bit would be for existing broadband customers changing their plan, e.g. upgrading to Fab Fibre say.

Now has ‘customers’ for its broadband plans, but only ‘members’ for its streaming plans 😛

But if you can reference where you read this on the website, exactly, we can check this out.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No it stated if you had an active now membership which I have got it would be taken out with my next payment. That was in the handy guide for payments and billing. It's all so confusing. But it says if you didn't and you are new to now TV it will go out when it goes live. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Was it this you read?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-broadband

On the day you order you’ll just pay a broadband set up fee, plus £9.99 P&P for your Hub. The amount of your setup fee depends on whether you’ve chosen the 'no contract' or 'saver' plan. 

Your first regular payment date for NOW Broadband and any TV membership you add when you order will be on the day your broadband and calls are up and running. Future payments will be on the same day each month after that.

You can add or cancel TV membership at any time. Payments for any new membership types you add will be taken separately from your NOW Broadband payments, on your purchase date and then the same day each month after that (for monthly membership types). 

Already a NOW Member? You’ll continue to pay for your TV membership on the same day each month as before, separately from your NOW Broadband payments. 
=================================================================================

So: if you have an existing Membership or Memberships, the payment dates and arrangements for these won’t change when you take out Now Broadband.

But whether you do or not, the payment date for Now Broadband will be set as above, ‘the day your broadband and calls are up and running’.
And this will also be the payment date for any new Membership(s) you take out by adding them to the broadband order.

Any further new Memberships you take out after your broadband is up and running will be billed separately, month on month.

(Or in other words, exactly like any membership you might have taken out before you had the broadband).

Now make a bit of a meal of this information, and it does seem that some clarity has been sacrificed, but only in ensuring there is no ambiguity here 😢

Is this now clearer for you?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

@RoyB wrote:

@Anonymous User 

Was it this you read?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-broadband

On the day you order you’ll just pay a broadband set up fee, plus £9.99 P&P for your Hub. The amount of your setup fee depends on whether you’ve chosen the 'no contract' or 'saver' plan. 

That's odd, it's actually £5.00 for the P&P. 

https://picshack.net/ib/Yq7UIF0n73

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach 

I see the image, but not where on the Now website you found it?

Or are these your details, maybe from a special offer at some point?

There are all sorts of oddities, and bits left over from earlier, in various corners of the copious Help, and now this has come to light, perhaps someone will put it right.

In which case, they could also usefully take a look at this, and clarify it:-

DFFAC483-BD6A-4239-9E35-0798B3125C93.png

Where the ‘Add 6 devices’ rather belongs to the days of limited device swaps, and now serves only to limit the number of devices you can have downloads on; or perhaps to raise the false hope that you can actually watch on 6 devices at once, until you read about Boost.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB @Jayach

When NOW iintroduced their Broadband service they used to charge a delivery setup fee of £9.99.

This £9.99 delivery set up fee charge was dropped a long time a go and NOW instead currently charge something like £5 for a delivery fee of their Hub Router.

Seems to me NOW need to update their information. 

RoyB
Legend

@schnapps 

There’s still an activation fee of £60 for no-contract broadband. Maybe that would go there?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RoyB 

Going back a few years NOW charged customers £9.99 for the delivery of the Hub Router and called it something like a setup fee rather than P&P of the Hub Router if my memory serves me right.

Then NOW for a short while sent the Hub Router out for £0 under the setup fee.

Since then they are currently charging £5 P&P to ship out the Hub Router and have removed the term setup fee.

The non Saver Broadband where you are not on a 12 month contract had a £60 fee attached to it and going back a while i think NOW used to call it an Administration fee before changing the name to an Activation fee.

Perhaps in the Community search archives there is a screen shot some where of the names used on their price structures.