cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New subscription, old account

I have just subscribed to a service.  I was a customer a few years back and suspected that when I "registered" it would find my old account...and it has.

I need to hook up the new subscription to this account.  Is this a phone call to customer service or can someone here sort it out?

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You should be able to rejoin NOW Broadband yourself by going to the NOW website and if you want to use your old NOW account details, just use them when prompted on screen during the order process or when signing in online.

If you are a little hesitant in this method, then give the NOW Broadband Team a call using the telephone number from this link page below.

They close at 8pm tonight and open 8am tomorrow morning.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1 

if you are referring to a particular TV Membership, then under your online account under My Account > Manage Account > Memberships there should be an option to purchase a new TV Pass.

If you are going around in circles with regards to TV Membership rather than NOW Broadband then use the live chat service by clicking the green chat online button from this link below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK, so have been on the phone to a very pleasant lady who was not able to help.  She can neither attach this new account to my existing login, nor can she delete my old account/login and allow me to restart.

She told me the only thing that can be done is to create a new login to attach the new account to.  Errr, no.  I do not proliferate email accounts to work around some poor software design.

Its obviously that the software has been designed with a 1 account = 1 login constraint...which is pure laziness on the part of Now.  Everyone else, including Virgin, can manage a single login with multiple historical accounts and some basic status monitoring. 

So is this complaint time?  Is that the only way to handle this?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Drop customer service an email. Address in the picture below.

B4B84499-9B9B-47BE-9371-93339355FD17.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks.  Have emailed them...but expect the same line of "create a new email" that I got when I phoned.  To be fair that's all they can do.  Its the tools that have been developed incorrectly, not the people using them.  Or rather, as ever, the tools are designed purely for the function of marketing and profit, not service and function. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not sure I understand the problem. If you have a Now account can you not just add the broadband to it?

I ask, as I have a Now account (from using Now TV in the past) and I am hoping to get the broadband when my current Vodafone contract ends, so it will be good to know if I may have problems then.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Unless you have an old legacy NOW TV Combo account in the past, I would imagine it would be straight forward signing up to NOW Broadband when using your existing NOW account details. 

I had no problem myself when adding NOW Fab Fibre to my existing TV Membership account that I was using for a couple of years before I added NOW Broadband to the same account. 

The old NOW Combo of Broadband, phone and TV may or may not throw a spanner in the works when it comes to reusing an old existing account. 

Hopefully if you do decide to switch to NOW Broadband it will be straight forward and simple (it was for me coming from BT).