cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New customer, moving house - old owner left behind NOWtv router

I've just moved into a new place. I'm thinking of signing up to NOWtv broadband and the previous owners have left their NOWtv router in the house, activated for the next two weeks. 

Is it possible to set up a new account and use their router (good green recycling of tech!)? They've asked that I post it back to NOWTV in two weeks anyway so thought it would be cheaper, greener, easier, to keep the one they had anyway. The alternative is that I won't be in for most of September to actually get the router delivered, so would have to wait until October. If rather have it all set up ASAP.

3 REPLIES 3
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

I've just moved into a new place. I'm thinking of signing up to NOWtv broadband and the previous owners have left their NOWtv router in the house, activated for the next two weeks. 

Is it possible to set up a new account and use their router (good green recycling of tech!)? They've asked that I post it back to NOWTV in two weeks anyway so thought it would be cheaper, greener, easier, to keep the one they had anyway. The alternative is that I won't be in for most of September to actually get the router delivered, so would have to wait until October. If rather have it all set up ASAP.

You should be fine to do this @Anonymous User but to get the best performance it would need to be the latest dualband router we offer. I wouldn't worry about sending it back right now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks for the response. Do you think I should just phone customer services
(I was trying to find number for them) to sort it out?
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks for the response. Do you think I should just phone customer services
(I was trying to find number for them) to sort it out?

Aye @Anonymous User That's what i'd recommend anyway. Its quite busy at the minute so be prepared to wait at least 10-15 minutes to get through though. However by Thursday, if you wish to phone then you'll be able to get through much quicker. You will find the number via the MY ACCOUNT > Broadband section 🙂