cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW Broadband is AWFUL

Is anyone really happy with NOW Broadband. Am working from home and the WiFi is not strong enough to carry my work on my laptop!!! No customer service to contact

9 REPLIES 9

Yeah I’m really happy with NOW Broadband since you ask thanks.  But everybody’s experience of wifi performance will be different, because there are so many factors that can affect it. Yours isn’t so great by the sound of it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i am having problems as well , even after upgrading to super fibre which i had hoped would improve the problem

wonder if i can cancel without penalty , just been with them for approx a month

Problem with the broadband connection itself (ie poor speed into the router)?

Or problem with wifi speed between router & device(s)?

Two different things!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had BT Broadband and Vodafone after. Never had any problems. BT even said that they cannot give me BT Sports as my WiFi is too weak. NOW customer service is poor and they can’t do anything about it

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @Anonymous User 

Hey Robsta

I don't have the full SP on your wi-fi problem so I'm just throwing this out there, have you thought of a wi-fi extender?

I'm not a Now TV ISP customer but I did have a "wi-fi distance problem" which was recently solved by an extender, just figured something like that might help.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Luckily I'm coming to the end of my contract, but if I got offered it free for life I'd tell them to stick it up their ar#e.

Worst broadband I've ever had, keeps going off or buffering if I've got amazon or netflix on.

If anyone thinks it's good on here they must work for the company 

Keith Taylor 

Spoiler

Problem with the broadband connection itself (ie poor speed into the router)?

Or problem with wifi speed between router & device(s)?

Two different things, so which of those possible issues have you diagnosed as yours @Anonymous User ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
The answer is both Internet and wifi are terrible.Now tv box is connected via ethernet cable and my phone and pad via wifi.Tv box is always going off freezing or just buffering and it's connected via cable and we have another now tv box in bedroom connected via wifi.ALL are terrible can't wait to change provider, think I will go fibre route.

@Anonymous User 

OK sounds like a problem! So you’re on standard broadband (ADSL) - just wondering if either the line speed isn’t normally sufficient to support streaming or maybe there’s a line fault causing decreased line speed?

1. Have you run “technical checks” from within “My Account”?

If so, what result do you get?

2. Have you tried phoning them to see what they say about the quality & speed of your connection?

If so, what do they say & what are they going to do to improve things for you?

Don’t give up too quickly. As you may know, NOW Broadband is effectively Sky Broadband, so it has the incredibly modern & capacious Sky core network behind it (once your connection is handed over from copper wire to Sky network equipment at the telephone exchange).

Agree that a fibre connection may well be a better choice if it’s available & you can afford the extra cost? Tip: when speaking to customer services, there’s always a discount deal to be had!

Hope this helps, hope you get it sorted quickly.