cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My first year is nearly over.

Im currently paying £20 a month for my broadband but this is an introductory offer for the first year.
How much will my new monthly charge be and on which date does my current contract expire?
Is there any way to cancel my contract or negotiate new terms onlune via this forum?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

This is essentially a customer to customer Community, and while we can perhaps advise you how best to proceed with billing issues and problems, these always involve getting in touch with NowTV directly.

As a broadband customer, you are in the fortunate position of having a telephone number you can call them on, and calls to them are free from your home landline. (Doubly fortunate as this can reportedly involve quite a wait at peak times).

They can give you the answers to all your questions, if you don’t have the documentation from when you joined, and the details aren’t on your My Account/Broadband and Calls page.

The current broadband contract, though, is for 12 months at a time, and this is probably what you have; so you will be free to go, but you will need continuity, so you will need a new provider in place before you do.

But ring the broadband support number, having possibly armed yourself with quotes from alternative ISPs beforehand, ask NowTV what the ongoing price will be, suggest this will be too much for you to pay, and be prepared to haggle, starting from the continuation of the introductory price you are paying. I doubt you’ll get that, but when they put you through to Retentions for the final haggle, you know you are winning, and if they want to keep you badly enough, they should at least match any competitor offer.

And if they won’t, then why not switch anyway? Companies need to learn to reward loyalty, by offering the best rates to stayers, but instead, they are in this race to the bottom with churn rates driven by introductory offers.

I once got a renewal quote for car insurance from the AA, and rang up to get a better one. But it wasn’t as good as an online quote I could see, which I mentioned. The guy said, yes he could see that one, but he couldn’t match it, or get anywhere near it.

But it’s with the AA, I said. Yes I know he said. So I took the online offer, got the best price, and also a meerkat toy in an Obi-Wan Kenobi costume. Which the AA will have had to pay for out of that bottom quote. Honestly, you couldn’t make it up...

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

This is essentially a customer to customer Community, and while we can perhaps advise you how best to proceed with billing issues and problems, these always involve getting in touch with NowTV directly.

As a broadband customer, you are in the fortunate position of having a telephone number you can call them on, and calls to them are free from your home landline. (Doubly fortunate as this can reportedly involve quite a wait at peak times).

They can give you the answers to all your questions, if you don’t have the documentation from when you joined, and the details aren’t on your My Account/Broadband and Calls page.

The current broadband contract, though, is for 12 months at a time, and this is probably what you have; so you will be free to go, but you will need continuity, so you will need a new provider in place before you do.

But ring the broadband support number, having possibly armed yourself with quotes from alternative ISPs beforehand, ask NowTV what the ongoing price will be, suggest this will be too much for you to pay, and be prepared to haggle, starting from the continuation of the introductory price you are paying. I doubt you’ll get that, but when they put you through to Retentions for the final haggle, you know you are winning, and if they want to keep you badly enough, they should at least match any competitor offer.

And if they won’t, then why not switch anyway? Companies need to learn to reward loyalty, by offering the best rates to stayers, but instead, they are in this race to the bottom with churn rates driven by introductory offers.

I once got a renewal quote for car insurance from the AA, and rang up to get a better one. But it wasn’t as good as an online quote I could see, which I mentioned. The guy said, yes he could see that one, but he couldn’t match it, or get anywhere near it.

But it’s with the AA, I said. Yes I know he said. So I took the online offer, got the best price, and also a meerkat toy in an Obi-Wan Kenobi costume. Which the AA will have had to pay for out of that bottom quote. Honestly, you couldn’t make it up...

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

@Anonymous User 

Login and navigate to My Account > Bills & Payments. In the section Upcoming Payments, under Broadband & Calls, you will see the details of your next payment date and amount. Unless you have phoned them and haggled a deal, the payment amount will undoubtedly be the standard monthly price (whatever that is!)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Phone and haggle. Mine stayed the same for the next 12 months.