cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Moving from Sky Fibre

Hi all,

I've been a Sky Fibre Unlimited customer for the past 5 years and have to say,  it was a great experience.  I'm on the 38 Mbps package and receive exactly that - it very rarely goes down and speed is never capped or slowed down.    However,  after 10 or so years with Sky,   I have decided to leave them for the NOW TV Combo which suits me a lot better these days and is a much cheaper price for TV, Phone & Broadband.

What I'd like to know from users who have switched from Sky,     Should I notice any difference in service?   Will my speed be capped if I stream too much or download too many big files?   I'm quite a hefty broadband user and the fact Sky was 'truly unlimited' was a god send.

Secondly,  as mentioned before,  whilst with Sky Fibre my connection was 99.9% rock solid.  Should I expect the same from NOW TV?   I'd be pretty gutted if I went from a seamless connection to one that is dropping in and out every so often.

An engineer fitted Sky Fibre for me back in 2012, with a new faceplate on my phone and two modems/routers - a white BT openreach one and a Sky router.    Can I expect similar with Now TV?

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

As Now Fibre is in effect Sky Fibre there should be no change in your service, unless something goes 'pear shaped' during the switch.

The Hub supplied is similar to the SKY SR102 and will plug directly into your faceplate on your master socket using the supplied

RJ11 cable, no need for the white Openreach modem.

Regards

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

Just wanted to know if a change of router is needed if switching from sky to NOW. all my devices are mapped to the old router.

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Welcome to the forum. You should be able to carry on using your current Sky router when switching from Sky broadband to NOW TV, although depending on which Sky router you currently have you may find the router NOW TV supply offers better wifi performance 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi 

Can I ask how u got on with your sky fibre move? I'm moving to now fibre also from sky... Did speeds stay the same? 

@Anonymous User We switched from Sky Fibre to NOW Fibre about 6 weeks ago. There was a brief downtime in the early hours of the go live date but that's all. No problems at all. Throughput speeds are the same as they were (we have a SamKnows WhiteBox connected to the network that measures all sorts of metrics on the connection).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@dr_necessitor thanks hope it goes as smoothly as yours