cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mobile broadband, already have router

My ex girlfriend recently set up now TV broadband and ordered the router and the had it set up and everything. She is no longer living with me and has cancelled the broadband but still left the router. 

How do I sign up for broadband on a rolling monthly contract without the set up fee as it's already been set up for me. Thanks! 

3 REPLIES 3
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

My ex girlfriend recently set up now TV broadband and ordered the router and the had it set up and everything. She is no longer living with me and has cancelled the broadband but still left the router. 

How do I sign up for broadband on a rolling monthly contract without the set up fee as it's already been set up for me. Thanks! 

Hi @Anonymous User  

Unfortunately the fee will still stand as an engineer will have to go out and manually connect the line at the exchange. However you will not need to pay the 10 pound set up fee for the router and such. If you give our sales team a call they will be able to talk you through it, or you can process your order online and check any applicable fees before confirming your order. Sorry i couldn't be of any more help. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi and thanks for the reply!

I literally had the engineer connect the router about 3 days ago, surely it doesn’t have to be done again?

Thanks.
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi and thanks for the reply!

I literally had the engineer connect the router about 3 days ago, surely it doesn’t have to be done again?

Thanks.

Hi @Anonymous User  

The simplest and most logical thing to do would be just simply keeping the broadband active then changing the details on the account but, due to GDPR this isn't possible. Would save a lot of hassle but now as the broadband has been cancelled an engineer will have to visit the exchange again in the next 7-10 working days and flip the switch. Such a handling but this is the way it all works at the minute @Anonymous User  I know it sucks but there is no other way around it.