cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Master socket issues

Recently moved into a new property and there is no master socket available to connect my broadband to but there's wires coming through the wall can now TV solve this problem so I can use my broadband
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Broadband is tied to a property, so ‘your broadband’, assuming you had NowTV at your previous property, is something you should have told NowTV about, so they could cease it, and reprovide it at your new address,

Assuming your new address is in an area covered by an exchange equipped for NowTV broadband....

The reprovide should cover ensuring that there is cabling from the exchange, through your local cabinet, to your property, right through to your master socket, including the fitting of same where needed.

But you need to get onto the NowTV broadband helpline right now, to get all this sorted out.

Work through the link below, which will lead you to the particular number you need to call to reach NowTV Broadband Help:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

Broadband is tied to a property, so ‘your broadband’, assuming you had NowTV at your previous property, is something you should have told NowTV about, so they could cease it, and reprovide it at your new address,

Assuming your new address is in an area covered by an exchange equipped for NowTV broadband....

The reprovide should cover ensuring that there is cabling from the exchange, through your local cabinet, to your property, right through to your master socket, including the fitting of same where needed.

But you need to get onto the NowTV broadband helpline right now, to get all this sorted out.

Work through the link below, which will lead you to the particular number you need to call to reach NowTV Broadband Help:-

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
All solved thankyou so much for your help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too have the same issue, moved into the property with a broken master socket, and with COVID I cannot get in touch with Now TV, any pointers?

Geluk
Expert 2

OpenReach will charge in excess of £150 to come & fix; though you're not allowed to interfere with them, as they're O/R's property you'll find them plentiful on E Bay.

A lot coming from O/R engineers no doubt!

Because of Covid and their previous ban on home visits, they have quite a backlog.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2019-BT-Openreach-Telephone-Master-Socket-NTE5c-MK2-VDSL-ADSL-Faceplate-M...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Will NOW Tv not cover this...? How do I get in touch with O/R about this? 😞

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Phone NowTV Broadband Support on the number they gave you originally, and explain your problem.

OpenReach will require the instruction to come from NowTV.