cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Left high and dry by Nowtv - No internet and no way to contact

Three weeks ago I set up an account for Nowtv broadband, with the installation date set for this Monday. Someone from Openreach came on Monday and set up the box, but said that it won't be working until tomorrow as he wasn't trained to operate on the wiring which was below our flats.

On Tuesday a more senior Openreach installer came in and concluded that we would not be able to get internet access and that we must call Nowtv to sort this out. 

To my disappointment, there is absolutely no working telephone number for Nowtv for anyone experience problems. Instead, an ineffective, borderline useless, bot is provided for me to chat to. Once it is clear that the bot can't help, I am directed here, to a forum. Nowtv is plainly just outsourcing it's own customer support to a community forum, which is an appalling example of cutting corners that I've never experienced. 

So now I am left with a useless Nowtv box, still with no Wifi despite being promised that it would be set up on Monday. There is literally no way to contact Nowtv, so I am forced to cancel my subscription, effectively wasting three weeks of my time with no internet. 

9 REPLIES 9
Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User  

I am extremely sorry to hear this. You will find our contact number in the Phone and Broadband section of your account via the NOW TV website. I'll send you a DM with the number too. Give us a call and we will do our best to rectify the situation. Again,i am extremely sorry to hear this. If and when you do go active you will be entitled to compensation for your delays. Thank you 

Tony

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Tony-D , thanks for your prompt reply. I'm on the 'Broadband and calls' part of My Account but still cannot find a number. If you DM me the number then I'd be happy to call now and try and sort this issue out as soon as possible.

Thanks

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User 

Message has been sent 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am in the exact same predicament I can’t watch my now tv box I bought a 50 pound box from Asda aswell can’t wait nothing 3 months been left like this rang so many times emailed so many times it’s a joke 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too no internet (I'm on my phone) two-way to contact anyone other than that stupid bot

Can't follow any link to chat 

Total nightmare if we can't tell you the problem you have zero chance of fixing it

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

On a screen with big buttons all around, you may find the link you need is under a tiny green arrow, so be vigilant.

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

On Live Chat, when you can get onto it, keep your answers short, sweet and prompt, or it will time out on you.

If the person you are talking to doesn’t seem able to understand your issue, ask to be escalated to the next level of help.

<If you can’t access Live Chat and nothing happens, try a different browser from your usual one (Internet Explorer, Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) on which you haven’t disabled pop ups, third party cookies or indeed any cookies, haven’t set an Ad Blocker, and haven’t set Noscript on, or JavaScript off, as any or all of these things may prevent the Live Chat window appearing>

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I want to live chat I don't have another browser or room to download one on my phone

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Try your existing browser in Incognito or Private mode.

if you have NowTV Broadband, you have a phone number you can call if this is not working properly.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Try calling the broadband team (number on below link)

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help