cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Leaving NOW BroadBand

How easy is it to moving your home phone number to a new ISP as my NOW Broadband contract end in less than 30 days and I'm looking at my options? 

25 REPLIES 25
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Depends, who do you plan to move to?

Is it another provider that uses the OpenReach network? If so it should be straightforward and handled by the new provider.

Have a nosy at this link.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-do-i-cancel-broadband

You can call the team using the number below.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/cancelling-my-service

Thinking of cancelling? NOW Broadband Members can call 8am-8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412475
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

The new provider will be on the OpenReach network, but when try to look at the plans on offer and enter my details in, I'm being told that my number does not exists!

If I look at, BT, EE and TalkTalk I can move my number over to them, but if I try Vodafone I will have to have a new landline number. 

Jayach
Elite 3

I'm on Vodafone (FTTC), and also on their forum. That is a very common complaint, and to be honest nobody can explain it. If you are having problems and haven't even joined yet I would take it as an omen and go elsewhere.

Can I ask why you want to leave Now for Vodafone? I was going to move the opposite way, but then Now dropped the inclusive anytime calls, so I stayed.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I find the reliability is not very good. as i work from home and need signal that drops out in the middle of an interview or a Teams call

Jayach
Elite 3

I see you have posted on the Vodafone forum, bet you get one of the Mods telling you to use social media. (but not today, they don't work on Sundays)

If it's just the Wi-Fi that is giving you problems, getting your own router or adding an access point or mesh to the current one will solve that.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes I posted in the Vodafone forum, might as well see what comes back, nothing to loose.

The router from NOW only has 2 network ports and I need 4, so I've used my own Asus router since the very first day of my NOW contact. It's not just the WiFi dropping out it's just the general reliability, if it be hardwired or WiFi.

I think my next step is to phone NOW customer services and ask them why I can't move my home phone with me.  

Jayach
Elite 3

@Anonymous User wrote:

I think my next step is to phone NOW customer services and ask them why I can't move my home phone with me.  

I doubt Now will be able to tell you anything, you've already said it's only Vodafone who you can't move it with.

If the line is dropping out, even with your own router, it's likely to be an Openreach problem and may be the same on any ISP.

Is it the website that is saying you can't move your number? I moved mine from Sky, no problem. (but it was over 2 years ago) Best Broadband Deals | Home Broadband | Vodafone

A big problem with Vodafone is their contract is for 2 years, and during that time you will get 2 April price increases. They are CPI+3.9%, and with CPI what it is now, you will be paying well over 20% extra by the end.

If you do move, go via a comparison site, there are some large voucher offers on Vodafone at the moment.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I will see what NOW have to say for themselves as I can move my number to BT/EE/SKY/Talk talk so why not Vodafone.

There are some good deals on Quidco and uSwitch so will see how what's the best offer 

chilli2
Elite

Are you in a fibre (FTTP) ony area?