cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Less
Advocate

I check charge increase x 4, they say no need to let me know!

For the last few months, the charges have been increasing on my broadband only, 

I called customer service, and they said, they do not need to notify me of price hikes,

so I was not happy, so I canceled the service, then I saw that the next month after the cancellation date is well in time, they prepared another charge increase to go out,

I would have been happy to say, but I do not like the new policy to take what they want,

and to say they upgraded to super fiber, I am still on the old BT Line with 48 MB if lucky, when family is home at night time, its 16mb speed and less.

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Less 

Are you sure it was Now customer services you called, and were talking about arbitrary price increases, or the normal increases that follow the end of a first discounted year?

Both of which Now can do, but must try to inform you about. Are you still using the email address you gave to Now?

The lines aren’t BT lines, they are Openreach lines. The fibre goes only to the cabinet, and then it’s copper to your home.

If there is no FTTP or Virgin cable where you are, that’s what everybody round you gets, no matter what. If there are full fibre or cable options, then it’s your choice of Now that is ruling them out for you.

Heavy use of your broadband will pull your maximum speed for any individual user down; that’s just physics. Or are you saying that speeds drop in the evening, even when your router isn’t itself handling any more traffic?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.