cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How to open an account with no bank account registered in the UK

Hello everyone,

I am a French student doing an internship in Scotland for five months. I have heard that NowTv is taking credit cards payment. But I don't have an account in the UK so my credit card is linked to my French bank account. Is it possible to create an account in any way ?

I would very much like to have a proper Internet access, for my trip here is to work for my studies and my translation, thing that is impossible without the Internet.

Thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I believe that nowtv only accept UK authorised bank cards with either the Visa or Master Card logo on them,

You might be better off asking the question to nowtv live chat (ask them for the broadband dept) or alternatively you can send them an message from the link page below.

If you open the link page and click on the grey drop down arrow below "Anything else" which should then reveal the contact option buttons.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/account-orders/setting-up-my-now-tv-account#

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, and thank you for your answer. The thing is, my credit card is a MasterCard, and it works in the UK, I mean in the grocery store and things like that it works perfectly fine, so I don't know why is it different when I want to subscribe here. I mean the payment will be effectively made, since the card works for everything.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Not being a NowTV employee, i am not one hundred percent certain either way, where your best option would be to contact nowtv live chat where they will give you a definitive answer to your question raised on here.