cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How can i get VAT receipts

I tried looking throught your site. Unfortunately despite wasting an hour I still cannot find your contact details, hence this post. 

Please can you advice me how can i get VAT receipts for the past payments ? 

Appreciate your qucik response

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would be interested in this too. - but it seems no one has replied!

The standard pdf statements are very basic!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I must admit intrigue as to why VAT receipts for a service which is offered (see T&Cs) for domestic use only, for which no charge whether direct or indirect can be levied, are required by any customer. 

But hey-ho. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just for information, the quote from the VAT guidance is:

"If you are a business making supplies of digital services to UK consumers, those supplies are liable to UK VAT."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-vat-rules-if-you-supply-digital-services-to-private-consumers

While the services are for domestic use they still have a VAT component. The current terms and conditions explicitly say that they charge VAT and provide the VAT number. I hope this clarifies the situation. It would nice for them to provide VAT receipts for those who need them.

RoyB
Legend

……….

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Depending on which Now service anyone might want to request VAT receipts for, see either line 1 or line 2 of my sig (or both!) for Now contact details.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't understand why NOW doesn't send us a bill with VAT on it. Are they not charging us VAT? It should be itemised....they are obviously a VAT registered company

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You can find the answer you seek in the comprehensive, and sadly under-utilised, Now Help:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/about-vat-invoices

chilli2
Elite

As in the linked article, Now is for home personal use only, and not business use which includes working from home.

So as it's not for business use they will not provide VAT receipts

If you need an ISP for business use then you will need to look elsewhere, as far as I know NOWs parent company sky offer business contracts.

Some ISPs turn a blind eye to business use, some may block it and or put obstacles in the way such as no VAT receipts, others may cut you off for inappropriate use of a domestic residential service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think working from home is now considered a legitimate use of home broadband. (thank you covid)

However if a company wishes to pay for their workers to have the broadband that would become a business use and should be paid directly to the ISP by the company.