cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HELP! Internet due to run out but unable to move house due to COVID

Hi All,

So before covid lock down happened, my internet was due to expire on the 10th of June and the Lease on my Flat on the 1st of June, so it was all normal and planned fairly well! 

Now lock down has happened i am unable to move out and into a new flat as quickly as expected and our landlord is now letting us stay on a month by month basis until the covid situation has eased a bit. 

I am at high risk to the disease so it is likely i will be staying in my flat for at least another month or 2 before i can safely move some where else, i am currently working remotely from home so rely on internet to be able to do so, so i need my internet to be available at all time at the moment. As i am unable to get through on the phone or live chat i came here for help.

I need to know;

1. if it is possible for me to go onto a rolling contract due the nature of the situation  

2. if my contract is already rolling, i don't think it is, i think it was a 12 month special offer

3. i do not want to sign another year contract as i wont believing in this house for too much longer and the next house may not have the facilities for Sky/Now broadband 

4. Has any one else had any similar issues recently and have Now/Sky been considerate due to the circumstances? 

Any help greatly appreciated

Many Thanks,

Gideon F

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My understanding if you are coming out of a 12 month Broadband contract and don't commit for a further 12months the price jumps to the more expensive standard rate, but you can cancel anytime without incurring any cost penalties.

You should get an email within the last two weeks of your 12 month contract coming to an end with options what to do.

If you don't get the NowTV email with about 2 weeks remaining, then check your junk email inbox or see if there is any correspondence under My Account > Message Centre whilst logged in on here.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My understanding if you are coming out of a 12 month Broadband contract and don't commit for a further 12months the price jumps to the more expensive standard rate, but you can cancel anytime without incurring any cost penalties.

You should get an email within the last two weeks of your 12 month contract coming to an end with options what to do.

If you don't get the NowTV email with about 2 weeks remaining, then check your junk email inbox or see if there is any correspondence under My Account > Message Centre whilst logged in on here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thank you for clearing that up for me!! Yes I can see now in the email that it says it will continue to roll the slightly more expensive rate each month until cancelled, that is a relief. 

Thank you very much!