cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Full HD Information

First of all I want to say that Now TV as a service has been absolutely 5 star for the duration of my time with you. 

Now, I've recently cut the cord in regards to having a full sub from the overpriced Sky in the sitting room and I've put my Now box into replace it.

On my 40" the PQ via Now is substandard to that of Sky. Sound is fine.

Wondering are the plans to roll out a full hd stream across the sports & movies to bring it in line with Netflix & Amazon?

Thanks in advance.

45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sick to the back teeth of a so called customer service team who sat.....”it’s your internet speed”

lying b___rds

BT CHECKED MY WHOLE STSTEM AND THERES NOTHING WRONG OR ON IT......

SKY SPORTS PASS TO WATCH BLURRED TV.....

F’ing great NOWTV.......

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Think ive said about 20 times it is not in sky's interest to offer 1080p, it just isnt, they want you on there dish platform.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The dish platform is a dead man walking.  5G speeds via mobile operators have the pottential to offer fibre beating speeds.

Just last month Virgin were offering unlimited data for £25 a month.

As 5G rolls out, it will offer fibre beating speeds to many in areas where they had no choice but to have a dish as they coudn't get broadband at speeds good enough to supply the likes of netflix and amazon.  Not for much longer.

4k TV's are fast becoming a standard, as is content on the move.  Unless NowTV move from this daft 4 device limit and start offering highresolution content at a reasonable price, I can actually see a point in time when we see Sky becomes to TV what myspace now is to social media.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV need to get a move on, BT Sport have launched a 1080/50fps AppleTV app today for their subscribers. It's absolutely gorgeous. Eurosport have upped their player too in the last few days. 

Hooba
Scholar 3

Re BT Sports App - yes, and with 4K UHD to follow soon. I wonder if BT's 4K will arrive before NowTV's 1080p. I wouldn't be surprised. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that, didn’t realise they’d launched a new BT Sport app. You’re right, the picture quality on it is genuinely on a different level to what’s on offer with Now Tv at the minute. Hopefully the extra competition will only quicken Now Tv to put in 1080p themselves, especially if those BT Sport streams end up sitting alongside the Now Tv ones when BT Sport launches on the Now Tv platform later this year.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

Look like they will never going to bring 1080p HD for now tv as you can see we are already approching to end of this year.

My year ends in December, not September. There's still a little over a quarter of the year left to run (15 weeks by my counting).

Are you still counting hahahaha. Dont live in false hope my friend. I am still on it. they will never do it. cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I contacted NowTV Support last month to ask about 1080P. The official response is that 'it is being worked on' but with no commitment that it will arrive in 2019.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

I contacted NowTV Support last month to ask about 1080P. The official response is that 'it is being worked on' but with no commitment that it will arrive in 2019.

You are aware of course that NowTV Support will know no more about Sky's plans than we do and what you got from them would not be an 'official' response from Sky/NowTV. It's not like you're conversing with anyone in the know. It will be pure guess work on their part Smiley LOL

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

@Anonymous User wrote:

Lack of 1080 and surround sound is why I'm not currently considering any further subs to NowTV, but my account remains active and I live in hope.

Although I'm pretty convinced that these things are kept out of NowTV to make Sky more attractive, and NowTV as a gateway product to Sky, or a bargain basement version of Sky without the bells and whistles.

The Roku hardware it runs of is capable of these things, and has been for some time now.

@Anonymous User As @dr_necessitor has said we are due to stream in 1080p by the end of the year. I agree with the staement regarding 4K. In that it is wasted on anything smaller than 32 inches, same for 1080p where quality starts to deterirate with anything above 32 inches.