cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Full HD Information

First of all I want to say that Now TV as a service has been absolutely 5 star for the duration of my time with you. 

Now, I've recently cut the cord in regards to having a full sub from the overpriced Sky in the sitting room and I've put my Now box into replace it.

On my 40" the PQ via Now is substandard to that of Sky. Sound is fine.

Wondering are the plans to roll out a full hd stream across the sports & movies to bring it in line with Netflix & Amazon?

Thanks in advance.

45 REPLIES 45
Graham-S
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

No news just yet @Anonymous User 

Our help page will be updated whenever something is annouced Smiley Happy

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Is Full Hd 1080p a paid option. If so how much will it cost when it launches. Do you get a 14 day free trail like entertainment,movies,kids,hayu passes.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Unless anything has changed recently, the latest information I have is the the HD-bolt-on (my name for it) will cost £5 per month, and will apply to all your passes. (I.e. it will be at account level and not by pass.)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does that mean it will £5 extra per month on your entertainment pass £5 extra on your cinema pass £5 extra on your sports pass £5 extra on kids pass and £5 extra on hayu pass or is it £1 extra a month on each of the 5 passes to make up the £5 per month.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Does that mean it will £5 extra per month on your entertainment pass £5 extra on your cinema pass £5 extra on your sports pass £5 extra on kids pass and £5 extra on hayu pass or is it £1 extra a month on each of the 5 passes to make up the £5 per month.

The £5 came from a survey that was put out by now tv but as the 1080p service hasn’t even been confirmed as starting anytime soon there’s no way of knowing what if any charge there’ll be.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

It would most likely be a flat £5 charge which would cover ALL your passes. You would be paying £5 regardless of having just one pass (eg. entertainment) or having a multiple of passes (eg. entertainment AND sports etc).

As things stand though it looks like we'll not have to worry about this for quite some time yet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I must admit I'm getting very pessimistic regarding the 1080p upgrade anytime soon. Now Tv announced to T3 the other day that offline downloads would be coming before Christmas, and no announcements on 1080p support went with that.  :o(

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just came to see if there was any update on this, so despite being announced in January with a whole calendar year now almost done there has been no further news on this. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just bought a Now TV 1080p stick and re-subscribed foolishly thinking that with the reference to '1080p' that I would be getting Now TV in HD!

Previous statements from Sky suggested that the HD rollout would happen at the end of 2018; that appears to be false.

I certainly wouldn't pay an extra £5 per month for HD and if that is their intention, I won't be re-newing my subsription when my current pass ends in May next year.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought the 4k box assuming it would be better quality! I may be waiting decades for that to be of any use. Quality is very poor compared against other streaming services.  

I certainly won't be renewing my sports pass after the current offer ends. it's now 2019 and In my opinion 720p is only acceptable as a mobile phone service.