cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UKTVPlayapp
Contributor 5

Re: Full HD Information

Does that mean it will £5 extra per month on your entertainment pass £5 extra on your cinema pass £5 extra on your sports pass £5 extra on kids pass and £5 extra on hayu pass or is it £1 extra a month on each of the 5 passes to make up the £5 per month.

0 Thanks
GaryL
Regular 4

@UKTVPlayapp wrote:

Does that mean it will £5 extra per month on your entertainment pass £5 extra on your cinema pass £5 extra on your sports pass £5 extra on kids pass and £5 extra on hayu pass or is it £1 extra a month on each of the 5 passes to make up the £5 per month.

The £5 came from a survey that was put out by now tv but as the 1080p service hasn’t even been confirmed as starting anytime soon there’s no way of knowing what if any charge there’ll be.

0 Thanks
robert1997
Scholar 2

@UKTVPlayapp wrote:

It would most likely be a flat £5 charge which would cover ALL your passes. You would be paying £5 regardless of having just one pass (eg. entertainment) or having a multiple of passes (eg. entertainment AND sports etc).

As things stand though it looks like we'll not have to worry about this for quite some time yet.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Matty-B
Contributor 3

I must admit I'm getting very pessimistic regarding the 1080p upgrade anytime soon. Now Tv announced to T3 the other day that offline downloads would be coming before Christmas, and no announcements on 1080p support went with that.  :o(

0 Thanks
MoeTV
Occasional Poster

Just came to see if there was any update on this, so despite being announced in January with a whole calendar year now almost done there has been no further news on this. 

0 Thanks
Popstar62
Occasional Poster

I've just bought a Now TV 1080p stick and re-subscribed foolishly thinking that with the reference to '1080p' that I would be getting Now TV in HD!

Previous statements from Sky suggested that the HD rollout would happen at the end of 2018; that appears to be false.

I certainly wouldn't pay an extra £5 per month for HD and if that is their intention, I won't be re-newing my subsription when my current pass ends in May next year.

Thorpes
First Poster

I bought the 4k box assuming it would be better quality! I may be waiting decades for that to be of any use. Quality is very poor compared against other streaming services.  

I certainly won't be renewing my sports pass after the current offer ends. it's now 2019 and In my opinion 720p is only acceptable as a mobile phone service.

annoyed-2019
First Poster

Sick to the back teeth of a so called customer service team who sat.....”it’s your internet speed”

lying b___rds

BT CHECKED MY WHOLE STSTEM AND THERES NOTHING WRONG OR ON IT......

SKY SPORTS PASS TO WATCH BLURRED TV.....

F’ing great NOWTV.......

0 Thanks
tolmie
Contributor 3

Think ive said about 20 times it is not in sky's interest to offer 1080p, it just isnt, they want you on there dish platform.

0 Thanks
Redball
Contributor 1

The dish platform is a dead man walking.  5G speeds via mobile operators have the pottential to offer fibre beating speeds.

Just last month Virgin were offering unlimited data for £25 a month.

As 5G rolls out, it will offer fibre beating speeds to many in areas where they had no choice but to have a dish as they coudn't get broadband at speeds good enough to supply the likes of netflix and amazon.  Not for much longer.

4k TV's are fast becoming a standard, as is content on the move.  Unless NowTV move from this daft 4 device limit and start offering highresolution content at a reasonable price, I can actually see a point in time when we see Sky becomes to TV what myspace now is to social media.

0 Thanks