cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Full HD Information

First of all I want to say that Now TV as a service has been absolutely 5 star for the duration of my time with you. 

Now, I've recently cut the cord in regards to having a full sub from the overpriced Sky in the sitting room and I've put my Now box into replace it.

On my 40" the PQ via Now is substandard to that of Sky. Sound is fine.

Wondering are the plans to roll out a full hd stream across the sports & movies to bring it in line with Netflix & Amazon?

Thanks in advance.

45 REPLIES 45
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Look like they will never going to bring 1080p HD for now tv as you can see we are already approching to end of this year.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Look like they will never going to bring 1080p HD for now tv as you can see we are already approching to end of this year.

My year ends in December, not September. There's still a little over a quarter of the year left to run (15 weeks by my counting).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really looking forward to getting this 👍🏻☺️

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What we really need is 50fps instead of the current 25fps, especially for sport. The frame rate issues are more important than having 1080p over 720p. I can't see us getting 1080p/50fps which would be the 'holy grail' for NowTV subbers.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Just adding a few more thoughts to our favourite subject......... I'm sure Sky are also in the process of putting the technology in place to make their Sky Q service available as a streamed service (for folk who don't want or can't have a satellite dish), so in doing that I'm guessing they'll need to make sure they can stream their services at 1080p / 50fps?????

I've never had Sky through a dish before, but I'm assuming Sky Sports HD down a satellite comes at a quality 1080p / 50fps and if so, a streamed Sky Q service will surely need to come at 1080p / 50fps.  Hence, by doing this that is why Now TV will also benefit from improved quality...... so do we assume that Now TV will also be getting 1080p / 50fps??  We know for sure that 1080p is coming to Now TV, but do we really think they'd give us 1080p with 25fps???

I'm sort of hopeful we'll get the good quality stuff with Now TV, but lets hope we might get some official news soon that will answer our questions once and for all.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don’t see how you think sky q over the internet will help now tv, the exact opposite is likely sky want to have people invested in a contract so the obvious thing would be to make the sky q service look more appealing than now tv, personally I could see them just doing away with it altogether.  Also the length of time it’s taking to get 1080p shows to me the lack of any investment in now tv as a platform, any problems seem to take an age to be resolved so I. Really not hopeful.  I hope you’re right but I doubt it.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

I'm just coming from the very basic idea that if they have 1080p / 50fps streaming technology for Sky Q as a service, then they simply have Now TV utilising that same technology...... but as you say they might also want to keep a quality difference between the two???

I'd think Now TV would survive going forward..... all these service providers certainly want folk under contracts, but I'm sure Sky know a lot of folk out there wouldn't come to Sky with a long contract term for their full service, so the dip in and out nature of Now TV passes would be the only way they could attract these folk...... hence, give both services the best quality streaming possible and they'll maximise their potential customer base?????

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

From my days with Sky and Sky Sports I can confirm the channels were (so most likely still are) broadcast in 1080/50fps. The pictures were always rock solid.

Unfortunately I'd tend to agree with @Anonymous User when he argues we won't be getting the full 50fps on NowTV. Now, I'd like to think we would, but his argument regarding issues and the length of time it takes to get fixes in place tells us NowTV is sadly well down the list of priorities for Sky.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if at some time in the future NowTV was quietly shut down with Sky attempting to lure us over to a full contract Sky Q over-the-internet product instead. Again, I hope I'm just being a pessimist Smiley LOL

You both make good arguments for and against such moves. Quality wise though I see Sky keeping NowTV as the 'lesser' product in an effort to entice more people over to Q. We can but hope that 50fps does arrive, whether it be with 720p or 1080p.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any  more news when full hd 1080p will launch on now tv smart box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any idea when full hd for now tv passes will launch as it nearly the end of 2018.